Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook(Old Saybrook)(Great Value!)
$129
$67
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
$87
$79
$81
$249
Liberty Inn(Old Saybrook)
$79
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
$72
All reviewsfresh saltthree storiessaybrook pointsteam roomoutdoor poollong island soundsmall balconyconnecticut riverwater viewmarina barromantic weekendworking fireplacecouples massagenew englandlobster rollon site restaurantsitting area
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Four stars only missed a five but for:

- Lipstick on a glass

- A magazine was stuck to a table, indicates the table hadn't been cleaned.

- Wireless was unreliable about 25% of the time.

But omitting the above this place was worth it and I would recommend. We had a third floor room overlooking the marina, the sunrise was beautiful. Coffee maker was a Keurig, a plus to this coffee addict. A wood fireplace was a nice touch, you would call the front desk who would arrive with one of those paper covered logs.

The restaurant on premises, Fresh Salt was outstanding. We arrived on a Sunday and noticed a wedding was about to start. Was worried about the noise, but our entire stay was quiet.

Not a whole lot to do in the area, Essex and Mystic worth a trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the marina.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eonny
Reviewed October 10, 2011

A very expensive stay for average accommodations. The water pressure is frustratingly slow. The rooms are a few steps away from tired. Not sure about all the raves? I travel frequently and found myself disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011
SaybrookPointMgmt, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

I'm sorry your experience was only average. It is truly unusual for us to have an issue with water pressure but it can happen. It is a pretty big negative when it does.

Our rooms were 100% renovated in 2009 meaning that absolutely everything was replaced. We clearly missed an opportunity to make a great impression on you and I wish we had done better. Thank you for coming to our hotel and spending time with us. AA

Reviewed October 9, 2011

we had a lovely stay at the Inn. There was a mix-up with the room on our arrival and the staff was responsive and warm and it was handled very well and things worked out fine.
The food was delicious; both breakfast and dinner. The dinner was so good, I asked for the name of the chef who I believe has the last name, Cassar ?
The bathrooms and showers was great, large room, very pretty and comfortable.
Anyway, we are planning to go back at some point to a lovely, relaxing setting.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank success6
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Rooms were lovely and we had a fireplace. However, for the price we paid, there should have been more amenties such as at least some type of continental breakfast or a little cafe so we could quickly purchase a muffin or croissant in the morning. They removed the coffee they had in the lobby pretty quickly in the morning while most higher end resorts leave it out most of the day and replenish, cookies or fruit by the front desk would have been a nice touch or a water canister in the lobby. These are typical amenties offered by many resorts in other nice areas (comparable) in the Northeast at the same hotel rates as well as lower priced ones as well. The screen to our balcony door was broken, the service in the restaurant was terribly slow, and during one of the wedding ceremonies conducted outside, the hotel staff didn't even control the noise in the pool when kids were screaming. They should have not allowed anyone in the pool (which was right next to where the outdoor ceremony was) during the short ceremony. When I voiced some of these comments to the hotel manager, particularly about not offering many amenties that most resorts at this price level offered, his comment was, "This is Connecticut!" Was he implying this is a valid excuse? Also, for the money, most resorts have beautiful grounds. The parking lot was right on top of the hotel. The view of the marina was nice but otherwise, it was a bit claustrophobic. I could pay $400/night and stay at a Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ksmcenroe
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Very nice inn with large comfortable rooms. However, the first thing one notices when walking in the main entrance is the chloride smell from the pool and it was always there every time we came or went. Also, the hallway on the 3rd floor had a funky stale air smell which fortunately was not in the room.
All the staff with the exception of some of the front desk staff were friendly and polite and acknowledged your presence.
Most the time the time the front desk staff were to busy reading papers or talking to each other to acknowledge you. My biggest complaint is the result of no information in the room on how or where to obtain a bucket of ice. So the first night of our 4 night stay I went from one end of our hallway to the other looking for an ice machine. Finding none I went to the front desk and a clerk after finally realized I was standing there after I said something went and got me some ice from the kitchen. The next night I went down to the desk and was rudely informed by a young man that there are ice machines on the 2nd floor. Who knew?? The clerk from the previous night was also on and went got me some ice again and gave me a look like don't mind him. The 3rd night I went down to the 2nd floor to get some ice and guess what?? The ice machines were out of order. So back down to the desk I go and the rude clerk upon seeing me with my ice bucket states "I told you there are ice machines on the 2nd floor!!" At this point I inform him quite sternly they are broken so get me some ice!! Again another clerk quickly went and got me some ice. The last night I didn't even bother.
We had breakfast included with our room which was served in their restaurant, Fresh Salt. The first morning our served was on the rude side but the other 3 mornings we had Tanya and she was great, greeted us by name and on 2nd and 3rd mornings she served us arrived at the table with coffee, tea and orange juice for us. The breakfasts were quite good and with good size portions.
I marked service down due to the young man at the front desk, otherwise it was very good.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room away from the indoor pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple