“Excellent!”

Pier Blue Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

So, I guess my first review was too harsh and thus couldn't be published. Either way, I'm back to spread the word that this hotel is a nightmare. The rooms were filthy, our bathroom ceiling leaked, I didn't feel safe or secure and the list goes on and on. Instead of ranting, all I'll say is that this "affordable" hotel in Old Saybrook is a grade A dump. Options are limited, but I would highly recommend staying somewhere else.

The only silver lining to this place was the staff. They were helpful in getting our room switched several times - mostly because the ones they kept showing us were a mess.

I would rather sleep in my car for a week than stay in this place for a night. You've been warned.

Room Tip: Be very, very selective. There are very few "good" rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PghBirdman
Bristol, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Recently traveled to the shoreline for business, I had previously stayed at liberty inn and although had no problems decided to try a new spot to compare. I have to say I'm glad with the choice as I find the location of days inn prime and very close to either Westbrook or old saybrooks downtown quarters. The staff was very accommodating and kind, and the room was exceptional for the rate I paid. Slept soundly and had a great continental breakfast before I checked out, quaint and peaceful place to stay during a trip to the shoreline. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Port Chester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

King bed was very comfortable. The room was pretty clean except for a little debris on the bathroom floor. Front desk attendant was very nice and helpful. It looks like some updating has been done but the rug should be next. This was just for 1 night and it was fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank dandd56
Groton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Well I'll start by saying I wasn't planning on staying at a hotel in the area, but my truck broke down heading home.. When my triple A tow arrived I requested a recommendation on a place I could stay the night. I was pointed in the direction of Days Inn, and I have to say I was very pleased with the decision. They gave me a triple A discount, and considering the circumstances and the time of night, another discount on top of that. Front desk was very nice, and the room was comfortable. Breakfast had a surprising variety of choices including eggs, home fries, waffles, bagels, english muffins, toast and fresh pastry's. I had some breakfast, grabbed a cup of fresh java and the paper kindly provided to me by the front desk, and was on my way. I'd stay here again given the chance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Super 8 Old Saybrook
Super 8 Old Saybrook
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Pier Blue Guesthouse? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pier Blue Guesthouse

Property: Pier Blue Guesthouse
Address: 1430 Boston Post Road, Old Saybrook, CT 06475-1709 (Formerly Days Inn Old Saybrook)
Location: United States > Connecticut > Old Saybrook
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Hotel Class:2 star — Pier Blue Guesthouse 2*
A boutique guesthouse with 50 non smoking rooms, free wi-fi, private parking for our guests, hot & continental breakfast, picnic & barbecue facilities and free beach passes. Within walking distance to restaurants. Centrally located near Premium Outlets, Tanger Outlets, Katherine Hepburn Theater, local beaches, antique stores, and historical attractions. Foxwoods Casino and Mohegan Casino are 30-45 minutes away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier Blue Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Old Saybrook Hotel Old Saybrook