“Great Destination.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
New London, Connecticut
“Great Destination.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a great stay at this Days Inn, the rooms were very quiet, spacious and exceptionally clean. Great location central to everything with a wide variety of dinning and shoreline activities close by. Front desk is very helpful finding just what you want to find. Really enjoyed the free WIFI and Hot breakfast, Yummy. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Highly Recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Timothy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was by far the WORST hotel I've ever visited in my life. The rooms either smelled like stale cigarette smoke or must and mold. The front desk relocated us from our first stinky room only to give us one that smelled slightly less gross...but still awful. Everything was dirty and after returning home showering at my own house, I still feel disgusting.

We also did not feel safe at this hotel. There were loud fights coming from outside one night and police showed up another night. Unfortunately, there are extremely limited options in Old Saybrook so it is what it is. If you can find something else or stay in another city, definitely do so. I can honestly say that I am appalled with the Days Inn hotel chain after this experience.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lyp100
Fort Wayne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were traveling through the area and needed a hotel. After using my GPS to locate hotels in the area I found they were all booked up. This location had a room so I booked it and we headed there. The cost was $189.00 so I assumed it would be pretty nice. When I walked into the room I could not believe how dirty the carpet was. It did not look like it had been swept and there were many unknown fluid stains all over the floor. The shower curtain and the strips on the floor of the bathtub had mold on it. There were not enough towels in the room for 4 people and in the morning I went down to get another one. I rang the bell several times and no one ever came to help me. There was another couple trying to check out so we kept ringing the bell over and over again. After waiting about 10-15 minutes the other couple asked the guy making breakfast if there was someone who could help us. He said he was working the front desk and making breakfast until someone else came in at 8. Not sure why he didn't just tell us that the first time we rang the bell. I cannot believe I was charged this much for this room and will probably not be staying at another Days Inn anytime soon. The rest of my vacation I spent the same amount of money on several really nice hotel rooms. This place is a rip off...drive on by and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnOS, Guest Relations Manager at Pier Blue Guesthouse, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here and via our guest survey. While I'm sorry you had so many disappointing experiences during your stay at our inn, I appreciate you taking the time to write about your visit in such great detail. This kind of feedback helps us pinpoint what we're doing well and where we can improve, and I know yours will help us do just that.

Again, I hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies for any unnecessary frustration we caused you; please know this wasn't our intention.

David S.
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Super 8 Old Saybrook
Super 8 Old Saybrook
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Pier Blue Guesthouse? Share your experiences!