“Cleaning Needed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pier Blue Guesthouse

Pier Blue Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Booked this hotel before I read the reviews. Only hotel I could find that was pet friendly. Read the reviews and was worried. Got there and I was shocked to find that the reviews had me worried for no reason. The room was very big and clean. The beds were very comfy and brand new. The owner and staff was also great, very helpful.The cleaning lady was great. She was always on top of thing's. Always fresh towels and anything else I needed. The breakfast they served was just perfect. Not sure what all the complaints were about that I read. I did not find a thing wrong with this hotel. I will be coming back and staying at this hotel again in the future. If you are looking for a 6 star, good luck on finding a Hyatt in Old Saybrook CT, but if you want a family and pet friendly place, this is a great choice.. I would rate it a 4 star.. Great Work Days Inn Old Saybrook CT !!! Thanks for a great week !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We recently stayed here when we attended a wedding down the road. On the trip down I was warned by other couples that they were either checking out or moving into a new room due to uncleanliness, odor, and filth that perpetrated this place. None of the women would shower in the bathrooms due to the filth. This place is shameful. I wouldn't normally fill a review out, but don't want others to make the same mistake! $183 for that! Disgusting.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Tim4673
Peabody, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is by far the most disgusting place we have ever stayed. Stained Sheets, Needles, Hair all over Bathroom Floor, A very fowl oder when we entered the room. Way overcharged us too. Will never stay at a Days Inn again. Staved there on 8/18/2012

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Michael C
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were in town for a family reunion and booked last minute by another family member. We started out in a smoking room, again; booked by family member, and were disgusted. The room smelled which can only be expected. The tv didnt work and the bath tub drain was clogged. The mattresses were not covered and were filthy. Blankets were stained and full of cigarette burns. The actual sheets on the bed seemed clean but VERY thin- I could see through them to the stained pillows and mattress underneath. 4 out of 5 of our towels were stained and we had to go exchange them for new ones. Carpet appeared dirty as well, bathroom was dingy and dirty; shower curtain was dirty. Ugh, I'm not high maintenance but this was the worst room I've ever slept in. I literally slept on a clean beach towel I had brought with me. Everything else nearby under $300 was booked so we were stuck here. The next day thankfully we were able to change rooms and get one of the 3 bed non-smoking rooms a few doors down, night and day difference! Still not anything to rave about but at least it was cleaner and more updated. There appeared to be mildew on the bathroom ceiling but didnt even care at that point because I was just so happy to have a clean bed! The staff were all a little strange but perfectly helpful and friendly. They cant help that the place is a dump. Breakfast was very limited but not a big deal. We ate out.

• Stayed June 2012
Super 8 Old Saybrook
Super 8 Old Saybrook
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook
3.5 of 5 stars 228 reviews

Been to Pier Blue Guesthouse? Share your experiences!