Deacon Timothy Pratt Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
View Hotel
Heritage Motor Inn(Old Saybrook)
Liberty Inn(Old Saybrook)
Shore Road Inn(Old Lyme)
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
View Hotel
All reviewspratt houseb blong tablethe main housejames roomwhirlpool tublibrary roomother guestsromantic getawayfirst floorbeaconpatfireplacesuitemuffinsdaybedct
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2006

We stayed at the Pratt Inn while visiting friends in Old Saybrook. The Inn is wonderful. Beautiful and charming and immaculate. The public rooms are comfortable. Eating a candlelight breakfast in front of a fire with pleasant company was a wonderful way to start our day. Pat the innkeeper is a gracious hostess and very informative. We stayed in the sunrise room on the second floor of the main house. It was lovely and very comfy. My only reservation is that the stairs are steep as is common with a house of this age. There is a room on the first floor which could be a better choice if you have mobility problems. This is definitely a place we will visit again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Jerseygirl25
Reviewed September 3, 2006

The Innkeeper, Pat is awesome. She speaks 3 languages and can provide you with directions to anywhere in town. She also offers us a ride in her convertible to find a romantic lunch spot by the water. The beaches are very close and everything is a bike ride away. Ask for Pat when booking your stay. She will advise you on the best rooms and rates.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank islandmap
Reviewed May 6, 2005

I stayed for two nights this April - had originally planned for one night, but stayed an extra one (this was midweek, pre-season, but the B&B was still busy).

As mentioned in another room, the B&B staff are friendly and helpful, and Pat the innkeeper helped me a lot (I was travelling alone, from the UK, without a car, so really appreciated it!).

There is plenty to do in easy walking distance - restaurants, shops, etc - and if you don't mind a longer walk (about a mile or so) there is more to see with the coves and beaches. There are also bikes available to borrow if you want that too.

Breakfast is very tasty, and there's plenty of it, and a good chance to get acquainted with your fellow guests. There's also a lovely garden, complete with hammock, and a traditional ice cream parlour/soda fountain next door.

My only downer wasn't to do with the B&B directly, but that when I arrived on the train I couldn't get hold of the taxi firm. Normally someone from the B&B will help out with a ride, but nobody was available for the time I arrived, so I had to walk. It was a good workout, and probably good for my soul, but not much fun in the fog dragging a heavy suitcase plus backpack.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank FromLondonUK
Reviewed January 21, 2005

My husband and I always go away right after Valentine's day for our engagement anniversary-so 2 years ago we decided to try the Timothy Pratt B and B. The house is just beautiful-and the room we had (The Library) was so nice-great 2 person jacuzzi tub, fireplace, canopy bed, etc. The breakfast in the morning was also very good and we got to talk to others around the table. So we are heading back there this Feb. for 2 more nights-am very much looking forward to it!!!

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank divadeb51
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed November 18, 2004

Had a fantastic time. Monday night in November might not be the ideal time to see Old Saybrook but we had fantastic hospitality...way beyond what was called for. As we had no car we were taken on a drive of the loacal surroundings, had great home made breakfasts and a little tour of the historic building we stayed in.

Check if Pat is around when you're staying she's a real star.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member