“Friendly service, but a little disappointed”
Review of Rosemary & Sage

Rosemary & Sage
Ranked #24 of 79 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Friendly service, but a little disappointed”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Rosemary and Sage last week on the basis of the raving reviews on Tripadvisor.com. Our waitress was friendly and the surroundings are cozy enough. His salmon was very good but my entree of Eggplant Parmesan and shared appetizer of crab stuffed mushrooms must have had an abundance of salt. I couldn't drink enough water to quench my thirst for the rest of that evening. I may return but will definitely ask them to hold the salt shaker!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank donnarun

Fort Meade, Maryland
“Just delicious!”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Amazing food experience- you can't tell from the outside of the place but this restaurant is just amazing. You must try the scallop and roasted pepper soup and the bacon wrapped scallops. They were unreal! The "petite" portions which are almost half the price are still HUGE and quite a value. If you're in the are- you must stop in!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Liza215
Palm City, Florida
“As good as it gets”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Four of us went to dinner and celebrated my husband's birthday. Tina was our server and
what a meal. They offered a special of panko crusted swordfish that was outstanding.
A couple of us had their wonderful standard of the small portion of salmon piccata and my husband wanted two appetizers of onion soup and carpaccio which he said was excellent.
We were all happy campers...that, and some nice cabernet rounded out the
evening.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank culver77
Palm City, Florida
“Excellent Food, as always”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This restaurant is a staple in Old Saybrook and you can't go wrong eating here.
Their fish selections are always fresh and wonderfully prepared. You have the
choice of two sizes of entrees, petite or regular. I always order the petite, as the
serving size is perfect for my husband and I, as we usually don't want to eat a big meal.
Their service is great and the food consistently delicious.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank culver77
Oakdale, Connecticut
“noisy, rushed, and forgettable”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I made reservations at Rosemary and Sage in preparation for a romantic New Years Eve dinner with my wife. Contrary to the decent reviews, our experience there left us very disappointed. We were seated directly next to the kitchen with the constant clattering of glasses/dishes echoing in our ears and there was no music playing in the background which might have helped to block out some of the noise. As an appetizer the "skimp on the shrimp" cocktail was mediocre for the price and contianed only three shrimp. My wife's chicken marsala came out cold and the mashed potatoes on both dishes were flavorless (butter or garlic certainly would have helped). The icing on the cake (we didn't bother ordering desert) was the hurried pace at which our waitress served us through our meal. We were in and out in under an hour. Definitely not the romantic dinner we anticipated.

2 Thank djct79