“Great dinner!”

Penny Lane Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ct
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

we always have dinner here when in the area. Soups are awesome as are the steaks. other family members usually get the English Fare and love it. service is great.

1 Thank loreato

Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We continue to go to Penny Lane Pub on a regular basis. Their food, service and atmosphere is outstanding! Prices are reasonable as well. The burgers, fish and steak are delightful as are the desserts. Can be crowded on the weekends but well worth the wait!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Beer & Burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We're in Old Saybrook for a couple of nights and, at the recommendation of our B&B hostess, we tried this place for dinner. We have lived in Ireland, and while I wouldn't exactly call this an authentic Irish pub atmosphere, the waitress was very nice and the food was delicious. My husband and I both ordered the Burger au Poivre (black-pepper-crusted burger with gorganzola). It was so good that I'm planning to try recreating this when we get home. My 15-year-old son had a plain cheeseburger, and he thought that was delicious. We also tried some local beers and thoroughly enjoyed those as well.

I did see in other reviews that some people complained about the noise. We ate here on a weeknight and sat upstairs, rather than on the main floor. The upstairs was definitely quieter, and we had a nice view overlooking the street. I would definitely eat here again.

1 Thank Ginger C
Bristol, Connecticut
“Casual, Delicious, Recommended.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have been here several times, most recently we dined here for lunch March 9, 2013. The menu has a good variety, with a poached pear salad for me and a hearty bison burger for my carnivorous hubby. There is a great variety of local and national beers on tap, and bottled selections as well. The service is great, atmosphere is cozy. Our meals were excellent, a bit pricey at $14.95 each, but well enjoyed nonetheless.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Neese39
CT
“A local small town pub. Good and understated.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Exactly as advertised- small town pub. Exceedingly friendly staff. They are truly out to please. Food was what you expect. I had a perfectly cooked omelet. Those with me had well made entree salads. Prices very reasonable.

2 Thank jcl08