“Excellente, bon appetite!!!”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
“Excellente, bon appetite!!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

What wonderful experiences! The menu there is varied, combining all the usual Italian favorites, like veal parmigiana and homemade ravioli, with what you always find in a shoreline town, fresh seafood. As I looked around the dining room, I saw one of the owners, Michael, visiting with an elderly couple reminiscing about visiting Luigi’s when they first moved to Saybrook over 40 years ago. Other tables held families and even a few young lovers. This is a place where everyone can find something to please them. I know I always do.

3 Thank busybee123ee

kvv711
“They went out of their way!”
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Had a surprise party in their party room last month and they could not have been more accommodating! The food was excellent and they seemed to enjoy the surprises as much as we did. Our server was tireless and ran up and downstairs cheerily getting whatever was needed.

2 Thank kvv711
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent italian, great...”
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Excellent italian, great prices!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Arizona
“Excellente!”
Reviewed October 11, 2007

I'm from Scottsdale Arizona and visit my relatives, who happen to live Old Saybrook CT, about once a year. We always reserve at least one night of our stay to dine at Luigi's. It has been consistently superb for as long as we've been going. The food, service, cleanliness, and atmosphere are excellent. We lova Luigi's!

2 Thank ProRoamer
New Haven, Connecticut
“Stick with the pasta here”
Reviewed August 25, 2007

This is a longstanding traditional Italian restaurant in Old Saybrook, and the staff is very friendly and the service is good. However, although they have quite a varied menu, stick to the most traditional old-fashioned Italian dishes - it's what they do best. I've been very disappointed whenever I've ordered fish or shellfish, but ravioli, spaghetti with meatballs, etc. are done very well.