“Excellent Veal Parmigiana”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family took me here for my birthday and I was not disappointed. I had the veal parmigiana. It was excellent. I took home what I could not finish and had it for supper the next day. The prices are very reasonable took I definitely would return again

Reviewed July 22, 2014

When in Old Saybrook, CT, be sure to make time for some food at Luigi's. As you pull into the parking lot do not let the fact the lot may be full stop you from finding a spot and going inside. No matter where you sit the menu is excellent. It started with an excellent antipasto and the bread was both fresh and warm. You could see the steam rising from the basket as you nibbled the antipasto. I ordered the Scrod Putanesca and it was excellent. My wife ordered the fettucini with broccoli rabe. It was good but she felt it needed a little seasoning. Though the restaurant was busy, there was not much of a wait and the staff was quick and attentive. Like I said make time for Luigi's you won't be disappointed. If you stop in on a Friday night there will be some entertainment so be prepared for that as well.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Went last night, Sat during during the summer (shoreline weekends are bedlam). Sat us within 15 minutes of our reservation. Good hearty food; large portions. Decent pizza. About $20 p/serving (large enough for 1.5 -2 people). Might order an appetizer and one dinner for 2 people... decent wine and beer selection. Very lively.

The restaurant is packed for a reason. Worth your trip.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is by far my favorite place to eat when I am in the area. The service is friendly and efficient but the food is out of this world. I have never had a bad meal here ever and the portions are huge.

1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Living locally we have visited Luigi's on several occasions. It is a good, family-friendly restaurant. While friendly, sometimes the service is a bit slow. The food portions are generous and overall, we have been happy with our experiences.

1  Thank CTBeachFamily