“It's open!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dock & Dine - CLOSED

Dock & Dine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: At Dock & Dine, we offer fine cuisine using the freshest local ingredients, as well as spectacular views of Saybrook Point and the Long Island Sound from our waterfront dining rooms. Also offering space for banquets and private parties for groups from 20 to 200.Join us for lunch or dinner, as well as seasonal outside dining. Enjoy our chef's selections while taking in all that the Connecticut Shoreline has to offer!
Middletown, Connecticut
“It's open!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Old Saybrook Point is a beautiful destination on a summer day, and the Dock & Dine is a great place to have lunch on the water (more specifically, the mouth of the CT River near Long Island Sound). Think crying gulls, gentle breezes, warm sunshine, and umbrella tables on the restaurant's deck. My husband and I both had the Lobster Salad. Excellent! It is served with toast points, which we declined. The restaurant is very popular, so expect to wait for an outside table. (We waited about 20 minutes in the comfortable bar upstairs.) Service was a little slow, but the place was packed when we arrived at 1 PM today (Sunday), so we cut the wait staff some slack. P.S. The restaurant will only be open until the end of September. Then it will be torn down and rebuilt on (hurricane-proof?) 12-foot stilts ... hopefully to reopen in Summer 2014.

Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Not worth the view”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I have been to this restaurant numerous times over the years, with positive experiences. The view is lovely. Today, however, it was a series of bad experiences. First, the waitress was either sick or had allergies and was constantly sniffling and wiping her nose on the back of her hands. While my husband said the oysters and crab cakes were fine, my experience was radically different. The rolls that were formerly so delicious, moist and buttery have been replaced with very ordinary rolls. The fried calamari was overly battered, rubbery, and sitting in a pool of oil. The Cobb salad was the worst I ever had. The chicken was dry and overcooked. The tomatoes were mushy globs. The blue cheese dressing was like eating congealed fat and completely inedible. The restaurant was very noisy. It is doubtful we will return.

Cheshire, Connecticut
“It's back!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have always had a great meal and great ambiance at this restaurant. Unfortunately Hurricane Irene and Hurricane Sandy were not kind to this place, and it has been closed for quite a while. We recently heard that they had reopened and decided to give it a try. MUCH more outdoor seating which was wonderful as it was a beautiful night. The menu seemed smaller than in previous visits, but all three of us had good dinners. Fried shrimp was outstanding!

Would recommend dining here, especially on a nice night to sit outside!

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Excellent Hot Lobster Roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went for lunch wife my wife and another couple. I've been enjoying New England Clam Chowder and Lobster Roll at many different locations during our sailboat trip to southern New England. Dock & Dine had among the very best chowder and a great hot lobster roll. My lobster roll was over flowing with lobster. The most I have seen in a lobster roll in two weeks. The roll came with a side of hot melted butter. Really excellent!

Everyone else in our party enjoyed their lunch meals. I would definitely return to this restaurant.

Swampscott, ma
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

After reading the reviews my sister and I, my daughter and 4 granddaughters decided to try Dock & Dine for lunch anyway because we had been there years ago and just love the place. Often, when you enter a restaurant with a group of 7, especially when there are 4 children, the reception is less then warm. Our experience here was just the opposite and most refreshing. One of my granddaughters is handicapped and the staff couldn't have been kinder or more hospitable. When we first arrived there were no window tables available but the staff noticed a table that was about to be vacated, and set us up at it as quickly as they could. The service and wait staff was excellent, and the food was very good. We will definitely return.