“The Best Italian Locally”
Review of Tiberio's Restaurant - CLOSED

Tiberio's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
East Coast
“The Best Italian Locally”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We have long searched for a taste of Italy close to home-and am so glad to say we have finally found it. It is well worth seeking out this gem. We no longer have to long for a trip to Fairfield Co. or New York to taste truely Italian dishes. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual, but at the same time is perfect for enjoying a romantic evening out-the main reason we were there on this night.
Tiberio's is a wonderful restaurant. The waitstaff was attentive and knowledgable of all the preparations, and willingly attempted to meet any needs we had.
We ordered the Calamari Peperoncini as an appetizer. It was perfectly tender, and the marinara sauce "like mama makes". The portion was plentiful for my husband and I to enjoy. Be advised-most of the items we saw being served around us were more than plentiful!!
While waiting for our appetizer, we were served a wonderful warm crusty Italian bread with three dipping sauces. There was olive oil, a wonderful garlic spread, and tapenade-a spread made of dried tomatoes, garlic, capers, anchovies, and olive oil, which is made on the premises . There is an extensive wine list, and the staff can recommend a wonderful choice to compliment your meal.
I am a lover of Gnocchi, and these hand rolled, fresh little potato gems were among the best I have ever had. Fresh mozzarella and a wonderful sauce topped off a generous dish that was presented beautifully. It is the details to the little things that I especially appreciate about this restaurant.
My husband enjoyed a generous serving of Veal Marsala. The veal was so tender, he did not need a knife to cut it, and his little sighs between mouthfuls was the sure sign he was in love. Though the portion was more than enough, an empty plate showed he thoroughly enjoyed every bite.
The owners, Tony and his wife April, are very friendly and love to share their knowledge of not only their recipes but of the Naples, were Tony was raised. Tony was trained as a chef there, and brings his knowledge of true Italian food to every dish he makes. The pride and love he puts into preparing these wonderful dishes shows in every aspect of the restaurant.
WE WILL BE BACK-MANY TIMES!!!!

NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Noooo!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I give it NO STARS because the wait took forever first of all....and Finally when we were seated, the food came out 45 minutes later. The chicken i had was covered in Rosemary...and it was sooo dried. The mash potatoes was dried as well...My friend's chicken with the prosciutto and cheese had a funky taste to it...And even though there was a wine sauce, the chicken was still dried. Very Very dissappointing.... I know good food, especially being Italian myself... Tiberio's was "trying" to be Italian...And people who don't know good Authentic Italian food from "wanna be" Italian food, i feel bad for them, because they don't know the differences. And finally when we mentioned the chicken being dried..not one but two of the different chicken plates, the waitress was rude. So, they weren't exactly friendly people. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL!!!!

1 Thank NYCCCMMMM
New York
“Tiberio's was Terrible!”
Reviewed March 22, 2009

The place is filthy, it smelled bad, the waitress was rude and hardly came by the table.
The food was absolutely disgusting, we couldn't even eat it. STAY AWAY!

2 Thank APKN30
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This place has excellent...”
Reviewed January 14, 2009

This place has excellent food and service. I'm picky about Italian food and this is good!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Westbrook, cT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful, authentic Italian food!”
Reviewed October 3, 2008

This is the first time my husband and I have been to Tiberio's, as we would frequent another Italian restaurant in the area, until they changed their menu. This has been the best Italian food I have had in many years..reminds me of Grandma's cooking with a new twist. I had the ziti with vodka sauce and my husband had the blakened pork chops..by far the most delicious food and good service. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great Italian cuisine.