“Great choice for wonderful, solid food”
Review of Paperback Cafe

Paperback Cafe
Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Windsor, Maine
“Great choice for wonderful, solid food”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This Old Saybrook restaurant has been a local favorite for many years with a well deserved reputation for consistency. A really good choice for breakfast or lunch. The food is solid, tasty, and good every time. They have recently repainted and freshened the interior. Their location in a small mall can present some quirky challenges but that is part of the local charm.

• Visited March 2013

Cromwell, Connecticut
“Very Good Lunch”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had lunch at the Paperback Cafe. The menu had many items, all of which looked delicious. I decided on the Pastrami Reuben and was not disappointed. It was a great sandwich!

• Visited January 2013
Orange, Connecticut
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a great lunch at the Paperback Cafe. The menu was extensive and creative - our food was first rate.

• Visited October 2012
Wolcott, Connecticut
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stopped by there for lunch after a few hours of beach combing so we were tired and hungry. We were seated right away and our order was taken very quickly. Here is the problem...everything on their menu looks amazing. I had decided what I wanted but then, as food was being delivered to tables around us, I kept changing my mind. I was wanting to change my mind after I ordered! I wound up with a wonderful seafood chowder. Lots of great, fresh stuff in it. My husband ordered the special of maple pecan french toast with turkey sausage. Now turkey sausage can be a little bland but not this one. Moist with a little kick to it. The french toast was amazing. We actually started to re-plan the rest of our day to see if we could stop by again on our way home. If we lived here we'd eat at this place all the time. Casual, good for families and kids, outside seating, good service. Loved it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank mrsomes
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Brunch!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Highly recommend this place for brunch!
Everything on the menu looked good I wish I could try it all! The oatmeal at the table next to me looked divine! I got a special omelet with sausage and veggies. The toast was like a brioche- so rich and sweet and delish! The hashbrowns had onions cooked into them. Hubby had his usual- eggs benedict. The eggs were cooked perfectly.
The prices were reasonable. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.

Visited September 2012