“Amazing in every way!”
Review of Fresh Salt

Fresh Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Fresh Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 154
Description: Named Best Waterfront Dining and Best Seafood by Connecticut Magazine in 2016, Fresh Salt serves seasonal and locally inspired meals. Our tables overlook the waters of the Connecticut River where the fresh river meets the salt of the Long Island Sound. It's a treasured and historic spot with a natural environment that is rich in life. Fresh Salt restaurant reflects that lively diversity: We have a raw bar, a seasonally varied menu, and offer as much as we can from the farms, brewers, cheese makers and other food enterprises that are springing up around our region. Fresh Salt delivers a dining experience that's comfortable and relaxed. Our staff is here to be of service to you, our kitchen stands ready with fresh ingredients, a deep wine cellar and carefully crafted fusions of foods and beverages that bring tastes together in delicious and new ways. We have tables by the fire, at the bar, and in season offer seating outdoors on the Fresh Salt Terrace. Awards include: - Best Brunch, Best Waterfront Dining, Best Seafood, and Best Hotel Dining from Connecticut Magazine, January 2016 - Named Upscale Restaurant of the Year by Connecticut Restaurant Association, December 2015
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Recently visited Fresh Salt and was thoroughly impressed. Walked in the door to smiling, jovial greeters then was escorted to my waterview table. My service was attentive, knowledgeable and witty. Our swordfish was out of this world. I definitely will return soon to try the happy hour or maybe one of the wine dinners. My family agrees this place is relaxing and enjoyable!

2  Thank RiRisMamma
There are newer reviews for Fresh Salt

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Pork chop had the bone as the soft part in the middle! Steak was so overcooked it was like leather. Terrible service! There was a bug in my drink. In the morning my over easy eggs were hard boiled. Don't waste your money in this restaurant! It used to be good, now is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

1  Thank Traveler_200950
Billy D, General Manager at Fresh Salt, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience. I have brought this to the chefs attention. Please feel free to contact me so we can make sure you dine with us again and have a better experience. Our number is 860-388-1111

Reviewed January 14, 2013

wonderful place to enjoy the water. Last time in my mojito had waaaay too much alcohol. I know should that be a complaint? Maybe... I like the fruit of the muddle more than the 'buzz' I asked for another and one never came. They did take it off the bill, but my server vanished and on a night that wasn't so busy. It was frustrating. My dinner was lukewarm, temp wise and it could have been refired but I wasn't going to complain anymore. Maybe it was one of those nights. I'll stick with Liv's when in saybrook and I'll continue to frequent the wonderful places to sit outside in the summer

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Please feel free to contact me so we can try to make things better for you . You can reach me at 860-388-1111

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I LOVE Fresh Salt and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a delicious meal with creatively prepared cuisine, wonderful & attentive service, and fabulous waterfront views. Fresh Salt's buffets are especially terrific, and it is our annual "go to" restaurant for their delicious Christmas and Easter buffets. It is also our annual "go to" restaurant for birthdays, anniversaries, and whenever we're looking for a wonderful and delicious meal. Part of the dining experience is the service, and the wait staff is consistently attentive and very courteous. We highly recommend that you try Fresh Salt! Nancy & Gerry Whitehead

2  Thank Nancy W

Dear Nancy,
Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased to hear that we are your favorite restaurant. It is truly our goal for all of our guests to feel this way. Please say hi the next time you are in =)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was in with my Mom & Dad on Sunday the 6th of January 2013. 1st let me say the Restaurant is very elegant, not stuffy like some high end Hotels. All of the staff were well trained and are server was excellent She was very upbeat and did a fabulous job. On the food it was very good (long walk to get to the Buffet) the food made up for the distance, I'm a Executive Chef in a Hotel, it was so nice to go to a Bunch ans enjoy it. I will tell all my friends that you have one of the better Bunch's in CT

1  Thank James G