“Must Try!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Must Try!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stopped in yesterday for lunch with a few friends. The bartender suggested we try some of the special "Street Tacos" they called them. So Good! You order them individually with a choice of chicken, shredded beef, pulled pork or chorizo sausage. We shared a plate of CT Nachos which probably are the best in CT. Topped off the meal with great raspberry Mojitos that the bartender had to go outside to pick mint for. The Cuckoo's Nest just earned some new regular customers!

• Visited August 2013

Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Great Place”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We visited here on a Monday night and had a great time! The sizzling fajitas were very good and the fish tacos were amazing. The fajitas have a mix of vegetables like carrots and zucchini along with the onions and peppers which made them very tasty. The fish tacos were grilled Mahi-Mahi with a delicious sauce, fresh avocado and tomato. The house margaritas were nicely flavored, not overly sweet like most places. Our waitress was very pleasant. She gave great service with a smile! We will be back!

• Visited August 2013
Groton, Connecticut, United States
“Wouldn't go back”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've given this place a try a couple of times but just cannot bring myself to ever go back. I really WANT to like the food (tex-mex is my favorite), but it is a "no go" for me. The salsa was watery and tasteless and the enchaladas are dry and also tasteless.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jodie F
“Mediocre Mexican”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Recently dined here~was a favorite place to go with friends when I lived in the area years ago. Seems quite pricey & the food not that good. Drinks way over priced. Su Casa up Rt 1 in Branford a lot better

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dreijunge
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Change isn't always good”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This was the only Mexican restaurant I would eat at. Sadly the change of ownership has not been for the better. The food was really beyond awful, Taco Bell can do better. My husband, who is not a picky eater agreed. The ground meat was just that, ground meat. Over cooked, dry, no spice or seasoning. The guacamole was literally devoid of any flavor, really just mashed up avocado. I had a salad that should have had radishes, I was informed when my plate was put in front of me that they didn't have radishes anymore, so essentially I had ground meat on a bed of iceberg. Just really gross. The salad is no longer on the menu but they said they could still make. The waitstaff all appeared to be new, and overwhelmed and apologetic about the kitchen staff. Sadly we won't be going here anymore....after 35 years

• Visited July 2013