“Consistently delicious baked goods”
Review of Dagmars Desserts

Dagmars Desserts
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Consistently delicious baked goods”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you want quality and beautiful, try Dagmars.
I go to Dagmars on a regular basis. Every time it is delicious and of high quality. She takes great care in her dessert creations where many others do not. Fresh fruit tarts, chocolate croissants, Linzer torte, cupcakes, scones, hazelnut and chocolate gateaux...
Whatever is left in the case I will try because I know it will be good. My mainstay are the chocolate chip scones. They melt in your mouth and aren't overly sweet. If they are sold out-- check the freezer and bake them at home!

• Visited July 2013

Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“A little bit of everything desserts”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Most wonderful German desserts. Also has great cup cakes, scones and most wonderful cookies. Will do special things, like recently needed something Hawaiian and they baked an amazing pineapple upside down cake.

Visited June 2013
Canandaigua
“Delicious Pastries!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped at Dagmar's for a late-morning pick-me-up. The cases looked disappointingly empty, but we made a selection of what was left- a chocolate croissant, an apple danish, and an apricot scone, plus coffee.
The server was a little flustered by the new coffee maker, but very nice. I thought I would be be unhappy with a room temperature scone but I must confess that it was so delicious it certainly needed no improvement. The apple danish was rapidly devoured and pronounced top-notch as well, and the croissant was good. I like them a bit crisper, and the chocolate filling was disconcertingly sticky-not authentic for France, anyway. Coffee was fine once it arrived.
Seating was a bit uncomfortable and strewn about the area, with a large fern brushing annoyingly against our legs. The windowsill plants/decorations looked a bit ill-kept. Bathroom was very clean. Prices were fine.
I would consider trying the limited lunch menu, or arriving earlier in the day for a better breakfast selection.

• Visited February 2013