“Sanno Spa”
Review of Sanno Spa

Sanno Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a new level of pampering and indulgence with Sanno, the spa at Saybrook Point Inn. Our spa has recently been renovated to improve the ambiance and experience with adjustments to existing facilities and a few new fresh features. Sanno now includes 11 total service rooms and Swiss showers. An expanded spa menu as well as spa products are featured in Sanno which allow guests to create and enjoy tailored visits to perfectly reflect their needs. Services include massage therapy, facials, body wraps and scrubs, manicures, and pedicures. Interested in taking home a few of the featured products in your services? SkinCeuticals, Eminence Organic Skincare, Aromatherapy Associates and SpaRitual are all available for purchase.
Meriden, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sanno Spa”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was the 2nd yr. that I spent at your spa. I have had such a wonderful time. Just want to thank Betty and Staff for making it possible for making it happen again for this yr. Also enjoyed the Great food too...

Theresa Shaw
Shaw Chiropractic.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Theresa S
andyabels, General Manager at Sanno Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you and it is particularly rewarding to get such positive feedback from a professional. We are very proud of Betty in the approach her staff displays to our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
West Hartford, Connecticut
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Very nice”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My friends enjoyed a lovely morning at Sanno. It is beautifully decorated and well maintained. Very relaxing and great services. Two of us had facials and one had the shea butter hot rock massage. All three of us were extremely satisfied but did feel it was expensive even compared to Water's Edge, Red Door, Essex and Norwich. Wish we could have afforded to stay longer and do more because it truly was lovely.

We believe we are priced fairly and in a similar fashion as other spas of our kind but do take your comments quite seriously.
Part of our competitive strategy is to hire the best service providers that we can which is a contributing factor to the cost of services. We do hope that you chose to return.
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Great Spa!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had a wonderful spa experience at Saybrook Point Inn. My massage with Ron was professional and so very healing!!! The shower/bathroom/locker area is pristine and soothing. The atmosphere so relaxing and inviting. I love the salt water pool and hot tub. An all around great place :)
Director, Betty, is lovely!

Thank you.
ct
“Spa Delight”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My mother and I had the pleasure of using your spa facilities today. Since my mother is 94, I wanted to make sure she would be extremely comfortable. I spoke with Betty, the spa manager, at length before our visit. She was extremely accommodating, and very understanding and wanted to make sure both my mother and I would be very happy with our treatment. All of the employees at the spa made it a wonderful relaxing day. Thank you especially to Betty for the extra attention to Mom. You certainly have reason to be proud of your spa.

Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of Betty and her spa staff in their ability to treat each guest as an individual and provide service that is valuable to that person.
We believe it is an advantage of a smaller spa, it is nice to know you realized it.
Waterford, Connecticut, USA
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Nice Spa but overpriced”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was my fist visit to the spa at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa. A girlfriend and I went for a girls day for her birthday. First I want to say that the facial and massage I received were heavenly. The best I've ever had. I also had the detox wrap which was horrible!! It was some sort of a peppermint lotion they rub on you, then they cover you in a giant peice of Saran Wrap and wrap a towel or blanket around you. I layed there for about 25 minutes (was supposed to be about 40) before I finally had to tell the girl I was freezing. You literally feel like you're laying in an ice freezer and I found nothing at all relaxing about that.

We enjoyed a really nice lunch at Old Salt, the prices were very reasonable and our waiter, Tyler was just great!

I received 3 treatment and bought 3 products from the spa for almost $600. which I felt was quite overpriced compared to the Norwich Inn & Spa.

However, the spa itself is very nice, with pleasant staff in a great location on the water. I may be back again in the future but probably only for a massage and facial. Stay away from the body wraps.

I am sorry you were unhappy with your body treatment, we will review what we are offering. I'm glad you enjoyed many other things and I thank you for the fairness of your review.