“A real draw for Old Saybrook”

Saybrook Country Barn
Ranked #2 of 10 Shopping in Old Saybrook
More attraction details
Owner description: Fine Furniture, Women's and Men's Apparel, Home Decor, Rugs, Hardware and Lighting, Curtains and Window Treatments.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Saybrook Country Barn is a multitude of shopping experiences. There are two buildings.
One has a gift shop area with pretty dried floral arrangements, wreaths, dining accessories,
candles, etc. mixed in with furnishings with vignettes of furniture arrangements throughout the store. Rugs, window treatments, and home decorating items top it off. The other building has
more furniture and an upscale ladies clothing shop which, altho a bit pricey, has lovely clothing and accessories. Also a mens clothing store. Men, there are benches outside for you to sit and
a Starbucks across the street to wile away the time while your ladies have fun shopping. A must
stop for Old Saybrook if you have the time.

1  Thank culver77

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Amazing selection, unique, original, warm, cozy!! Loved the people, really willing to go that extra mile and take great care and pride in their work.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Sales person was attentive, knew her product and helped me pick out the perfect wood color to match my kitchen cabinets. She then helped with the height of my counter for the two stools that I purchased. She listened to what style I wanted and helped with other questions I had. The delivery was done very professionally right down to putting drop cloths on my new wood floors so they wouldn't track in any dirt or mud. They then showed me how to open the table and how to store the leaves.

1  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The last itme I visited Saybrook Country Barn was probably at least my 30th visit. Do I buy something everytime - no. Is every order perfect when I do shop - no. But there is no where that has this level of customer service. I am sorry the other reviewers had issues that they felt were unresolved. I have ordered every piece of furniture in my house from Saybrook Country Barn. Once, just once I had a problem with a drawer. It was taken care of professionaly. I love the choices I have here. When I buy a piece of furniture I know it will hold up for my lifetime and beyond. The sales staff is great! Let me give a shout out to Lisa and Beth. My wife also knows the owner of this store and bought furniture long before I came into the picture as well as her parents. It takes some time to get the furniture. It is made to order. If you can't deal with the lead times, then shop at the made in China furniture stores. Good Luck! But, if you have a little patience you have come to the right place. The people at this store don't just work here, they love working here or at least that is the feeling I get.

BTW, I have never written a review on TripAdvisor. i live in Old saybrook and simply love this store. The rating for this store was so out of line with my numerous visits I had to write something.

3  Thank Cheryl D
Reviewed August 17, 2011

While the store is beautiful - visit, but DO NOT order anything custom. Everything seems to go well until the order is placed, it takes forever and the wrong product is delivered. Customer Service ends when you pay. We received the wrong piece of furniture and when we contacted them they said it was custom and could not be returned. Even when we prooved to them that the wrong product was delivered, they refused to do anything about it. When we said we would accept the wrong item if there was a slight adjustment made to the cushion - as it hung over the back of the chair by 8 inches - they would only do it if we paid more.
The whole experience was horrible. Stay away, they offer no customer service and do not stand by their orders. We made a very big and expensive mistake by ordering furniture here.

18  Thank Judy1525
barn2011, Manager at Saybrook Country Barn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Dear Judy1525,

I'm sorry that you feel your experience with Saybrook Country Barn was horrible. Our Customer Service Department and Sales Staff are very thorough in their handling of every customer service situation. We go to great lengths to to keep a high level of communication with our customers during the rare instance where something may have gone wrong. We are a family owned and operated independent business that has been around since 1977. As a result, we are able to provide a much higher level of service then our big chain competition. This particular customer service issue was a highly unique circumstance that has many factors and variables. I'd like to reassure the customer and readers, Saybrook Country Barn did everything in it's power for this customer. We hope Judy1525 will reconsider her opinions about Saybrook Country Barn and come back soon. Sincerely, -RobertSCB