“Great food!!”

TJ's Restaurant and Pizza
Ranked #7 of 83 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Pizza
Description: When you are here, you can enjoy dinner in our full-service dining room or a quick bite in our front seating area. Our selection of fresh salads, homemade soups, specialty sandwiches and delicious dinners are sure to please everyone's taste. Weather permitting, we also offer outside patio dining. You can accompany your meal with our selection of beer and wines, soft drinks and milk or hot chocolate. Of course, a meal is not complete without a delicious dessert and a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We did not know where to eat on a Saturday night when visiting the area, but when we saw the parking lot so full we knew this would be a great place to eat. We didn't have to wait more than a few minutes for a table. The service was excellent, prices reasonable and the food delicious. The rolls were warm and the plates for the rolls were warm. We have this "thing" about cold plates in a restaurant. I had penne with meatballs and my husband the veal parm. He also had a cup of New England clam chowder that he said was the best he has had in a long time. The portions are so large we will have leftovers for another two meals.

1  Thank Cindy P

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Very surprised, did not expect such great food. Would definitely recommend it and go back again. The chicken salad was fantastic.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Passed by this place many times and never gave it a second thought. When we finally stopped, the menu is outstanding. Across the board from Italian to seafood. I've only tried the italian dishes and they're great.....

Reviewed August 20, 2017

I have been going here since it opened for the last few years and the food is always great! However, after developing an intolerance for gluten, I was very happy to order the chicken & broccoli alfredo without the pasta the last few times and thought it would be OK. Upon difficulties after ordering it the last few times and not knowing what the cause was, I ordered it again without pasta. It was then, that I tasted the flour and asked our waitress if flour was an ingredient. I was then informed that they use a rue (flour & oil) in order to thicken the sauce. Although a great and yummy sauce it makes, please be aware that they do in fact use flour. To me, just an opinion, a true alfredo only consists of cream, butter and parm. I did not eat my dish, unfortunately, and was very surprised to see that the check still included it! I would recommend eating here as the food is very good, just personally, in the future, I will reconsider my food choices.

Reviewed February 19, 2017

Our office often orders lunch for delivery. Very tasty and reasonably priced. Very popular with locals. I recommend.

1  Thank mysticalfoodie