“Good food with wholesome taste”
Review of Tissa's Le Souk du Maroc - CLOSED

Tissa's Le Souk du Maroc
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Kate's fine confections specializes in handmade fine chocolates, candy, baklava and pasties, tea, coffee, artisan hot chocolates, and imported and old fashion candy. On scheduled eveingins by reservation only we host prefixed Moroccan dinner nights known as "Dining at Tissa's". We also offer prepared Moroccan Meals to go to take home and enjoy.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I stopped at Tissa's for lunch. We both enjoyed the vegetable wrap - fresh ingredients cooked while you wait. While the wait was extensive, it was worth every minute! The food at Tissa's is prepared WHEN it's ordered, not partially done ahead of time. The difference is in the TASTE. While waiting, be sure to look around this quaint and historic building - formerly a drug store and ice cream shop dating back to the 18th Century.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have had the privilege of traveling to many countries around the world and seldom do I come a place that can even come close to Tissa's. Not only is the taste wonderful, but the QUALITY is unmatched!! Don't be fooled by the Moroccan base line either - the menu is very eclectic and gourmet, having the capability of pleasing a wide range of appetites. Go for it! Try something new!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have eaten here several times over the years, and it has always been good, and this time was no exception! My husband had never been here though, so it was a new experience for him, which he enjoyed. I had my favorite sandwich, which is the Chicken Bleu Club. You can not go wrong with this one. Chicken, bacon, blue cheese, apricot, balsamic, and spinach, all on a toasted Ciabatta roll. It's heaven, and why I always go back to this one again and again. The tastes just meld together so well, as it does with all their other sandwiches and dishes as well. My husband got the Moroccan Lemon Chicken Wrap, and he was not disappointed either. He said he would eat there again any time! We also topped off the meal with some lovely baklava that was large enough for us to share. They have a great assortment of ice cream and candies as well. The place isn't large, but everything is good. The only tip would be if you don't have too much time or are going at the busier times of the day, sometimes it is best to call your order in ahead, then it is all ready to go when you get there. But even if you don't, the food is well worth the wait!

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for something different after shopping in Clinton and decided to try this restaurant since it was ranked #1 on Tripadvisor's list of restaurants in Old Saybrook. We have not tried Moroccan food before so we were not sure whst to order. It's a small local place with only a few tables but we were seated right away. Cindy the waitress was very helpful and suggested a Moroccan stew. My husband had the barbeque roasted lamb sandwich. We both loved our meals and the serving sizes are very generous. I took home half of my meal. Kathy, the owner, then had us sample the best chocolate truffle we ever tasted. Besides serving delicious lunches and dinners they have homemade chocolate delights and the best homemade ice cream. We ended up buying some truffles and the Rockin Moroccan ice cream. We can't wait to go back and bring our friends anf family. They definitely deserve to be ramked #1.

1  Thank smcgann101
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stopped here for lunch after the spa at Saybrook Point in order to try something different. We were all glad we did. Each of us thoroughly enjoyed our dish. The apricot chicken wrap, the smoky duck on ciabatta, and the salad with chicken, dates, oranges and raisins were all delicious. Topping it off with pumpkin cheesecake ice cream was delightful.

Fun.