“Decent hotel,great price...”
Review of Liberty Inn

Liberty Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews I had read onTrip Advisor. There were 3 of us needing 2 rooms for the Ancient Mariners Muster. The hotel is right off of I-95...so there is traffic noise,nothing too bad though. The building is a little older, although the room I was in had been renovated not too long ago. We were there Fri., Sat. & Sun. night and paid only $318 incl. tax. Now that's a bargain. I've paid $50,$60, even $100 more a night for a room and had it be about the same quality. The fellow who runs the hotel is very friendly and helpful. So, the bottom line is this...It's not the Waldorf-Astoria. But it is a clean,comfortable hotel at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MissUla
There are newer reviews for Liberty Inn

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Yes, it is an old motel. Probably built 50 years ago when the Connecticut Turnpike (aka I95) was first built. But the room I had was clean and had been updated. New toilet and carpeting. Recent paint job. It is a small business and the man that checked me in at 10:40 pm was still working at 9:30 am when I left. Yes, it is old and tired, but you can't beat the $79 price for a night in August on the Connecticut coast.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was dirty and the road noise was terrible. It felt like that room probably hadn't been used in a long time. Everything was covered in dust. Road noise doesn't usually bother me but it's really bad at this place. Sounds like the trucks are coming through your room. Also, the ice machine is located in the office so it's not accessible at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dawn G
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I booked a room through the LI website. We asked for a handicapped room and got one. The room had been renovated and was reasonably clean. The maid did miss the shower curtain, however. It was pretty grungy on the inside near the bottom when unfolded.
We liked the comfortable beds, the table and chairs, and the TV. The manager and desk help were very friendly. They had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, but unfortunately, they were stale.
All in all, it was a good motel for the money and we would return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Older small motel,very clean,good price,manager was outstanding. Ithought I'd have a heart attack when I arrived home in Maine and discovered I had left my little book of all my user names AND passwords. I called the motel and the manager immediately went to our room and serched while
keeping me on his portable phone. He found it and sent it THAT NIGHT as he said he would. Also,
I really liked having a nice refrig. and microwave. I'll go there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is a typical little motel. It has some issues like the room smelled a little musty. If you're looking for a palace, this is not it but if you're looking for a room within minutes drive of the beach in Old Saybrook for under a hundred bucks, this is it. Nothing special but not the worst place I have ever seen.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent 3 and half weeks at the Liberty Inn while working in Old Lyme. The rooms are clean, get free WiFi, and every room has a microwave and mini fridge. It is next to I-95, so the road noise is unnoticeable. The manager is very pleasant, and kind, and runs a good inn. If you are on a budget, this good for the price. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you need WiFi, get the rooms on the left, or upstairs (the water fountain side). Better reception...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 8 in Niantic
Super 8 Old Saybrook
Super 8 Old Saybrook
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!