Super 8 Old Saybrook
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Heritage Motor Inn(Old Saybrook)
View Hotel
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
Liberty Inn(Old Saybrook)
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
Shore Road Inn(Old Lyme)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastbeautiful poolnew carpetcinnamon rollsflat screen tvwafflesconvenient locationoff the highwaymotelsuper8ctclintonrefrigeratorfi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Never stayed in a motel before but this put all my worries to rest. The check in process was efficient (all ready for me on arrival) I was offered a room on ground or first floor (nice touch as I was a female travelling alone). The room was clean and was decked out in the fashion of many business hotels - 'leather' desk chair, coffee maker, bed runner. I think it had been recently renovated and all in all was a great find for a great price. Would not hesitate to stay here again...or even try another location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank MistiLondon
umeshOldSaybrook, Manager at Super 8 Old Saybrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to make your comments. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I were staying here becuase we were attending a friends wedding. I had my doubts as soon as we pulled in and saw that the pool area was chained closed and the pool was green (this may have been because of the recent hurricane but not a pleasant first sight).

We checked in and opened the door to our room. We were hit with the most unpleasant moldy smell. My husband went to ask for a room change, we were told there were no other rooms. This was not true since we had friends staying there who had not checked in yet.

After calling a few other hotels to find out they were all booked, we were stuck with our smelly and dirty room.

We had to find a store to buy candles to try and mask the smell while we slept.

I woke up at the crack of dawn and jumped in the car to get out of there. Awful! Thank goodness I got a online AA rate and did not pay alot for the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We have been staying at this Super 8 quite often over the past several years! And once again, we found it to be the same clean and accomodating place we've come to enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The price was right; the location perfect, just off the Turnpike and near Clinton Mall; the bed was firm; the ac was excellent; it was surprisingly quiet; the one problem we had was resolved immediately and politely; there was even a pool! I'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for no-smoking King on the 2nd floor. Our request was honored.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MayLehmannNYC
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My family and I loved this place! great rooms, great breakfast and service, great pool, overall our stay was nothing more we could have asked for. We will definitely be back, and also alot of these comments are outdated, I don't know how it was then but surely this place has changed, because I loved it here!

• Stayed: August 2011