The Old Mystic Inn
$58
Quality Inn(Mystic)
$80
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$125
Hampton.com
$95
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$84
$48
Holiday Inn Express Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$118
Hotels.com
Hyatt Place Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$149
Travelocity
Hilton Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$111
Hilton.com
The Whaler's Inn(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$169
All reviewsthe main housecarriage houseb bmark twain roomnew englandbed and breakfastcinnamon french toastgourmet breakfastculinary institutecanopy bedamazing cheflouisa may alcotteveryday lifeworking fireplacewonderful weekendchef michaeloyster house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The Old Mystic Inn in Old Mystic Ct is a historical building with the corresponding grace and charm of it's ower Michael.
He has owed the property for over a dozen years and you can feel how much he cares about his guests the moment you arrive.
We stayed in the Mark Twain room which is in the Carriage House and found the room to be extremely comfortable, well lit, and spotless. The appointments within the room added to the character and charm with nothing being left out. The little extras such as the fireplace, (works great), heater in the bathroom, jacuzzi, and even wine glasses with corkscrew were very welcome.
The Main house has the right appeal with the exceptionally prepared full course breakfast being a huge bonus.
Michael, (Culinary Institute of America trained) knows his way around the kitchen and each day can bring a new adventure in eating. He also was nice enought to bake additional goodies available throughout the day along with complimentary coffee, soda, and bottled water.
I would highly recommend the Old Mystic for any trip in the lower New England area and look foward to staying with Michael again in the near future.

Room Tip: Use the website to help choose your room as pictures and descriptions are very accurate.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Goesoutalot
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I spent our wedding night here on March 23, 2012, and we were beyond happy with the accomodations and wonderful hospitality of the Inn's owner Michael. We stayed in the Hawthorne Room which was both comfortable and beautifully decorated, and had a working fireplace which made the room even more special.

Michael made an amazing breakfast in the morning, and even worked flawlessly my need to stay gluten free. The dining room was lovely, and the food perfectly presented.
This is a "must stay" in the Mystic area, and is truly a "home away from home" in every sense!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This was my first bed and breakfast experience; I've always avoided them because I'm a little stand-offish, I don't really like meeting fellow travelers, and I generally prefer the known qualities (or lack thereof) of a hotel. But the Old Mystic Inn has made a believer out of me!

We stayed in the Melville room, on the second floor of the main house, which had the dual selling points of an en suite bathroom and a private porch with its own entrance from the backyard. I really liked that the rooms aren't next to each other, but are separated by sitting rooms and parlors. No shared walls. Very cool. I also liked that no kids are allowed. Our bathroom was really nice, with a strong shower, good toiletries, and plenty of towels. We loved being able to come and go through the back door without traipsing through the house late at night. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was peaceful and we didn't have to share a table with anyone else, which made me happy.

I was really impressed with the attention to detail. A vast array of apparently every brochure for every point of interest in Connecticut; a collection of menus from dozens of local restaurants; copies of all local newspapers; wine glasses and corkscrew in our room; wifi throughout the house; coffee, tea, soda, and lemon poppy seed bread available in the kitchen all day. Michael made reservations for us at the Captain Daniel Packer Inne and gave us lots of good tips about how to get around. We really felt like we lived in Mystic, not just that we were visiting for a night. I hope the next B&B I stay at can live up to my new-found expectations. And I'm sure the next chain hotel I stay at will seem like a dungeon by comparison.

Thanks, Michael! We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Each room is unique; talk to the owner to help you decide which features will suit you best!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Michael, the manager and owner greated us and showed us around this charming place. Pleasant rooms with gas fire places and queen beds, full breakfast included. Open access to the kitchen where wonderful homemade cookies a kurig coffee machine with all the options, etc. Couldn't be more gracious unless it was family. Minutes away from the wonderful downtown shops and seaport. We'll certainly return.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Old Mystic Inn on 2/25/2012, I wish we were able to stay longer. The Inn is immaculate and very tastefully decorated. We stayed in the Mark Twain room in the Carriage House and it was lovely! Large, spacious room with a gas fireplace, seating area and very comfortable bed. Their web site has some pictures of each room. Michael, the owner, is very personable and cooked a fabulous breakfast. We had a stuffed French Toast with sausage. (The web site also has pictures of various breakfast dishes). Coffee and tea are always available and there was delicious banana bread available during our stay.

We really liked the location. Just a few minutes into town and about 15 min from Foxwoods. The Inn also has nice areas to sit outside when the weather gets warmer. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend to family & friends.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple