“Favorite date spot :)”

Reviewed August 13, 2014

My fiancé and I come here often for quiet dates. We love being able to sit down in the shade and have a quick picnic. We also love walking up to the higher platform for even better views of the marsh. I recommend this to anyone!

3  Thank CH1221

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I asked a local restaurant owner what we should stop and see on our way back to our lodging. She gave me perfect directions to this marina. It has ample parking, picnic tables and a charming boardwalk and pier right along the connecticut river. My 8yo son had a wonderful time climbing on the rocks, sticks and other 'kid' relaxing activities. We also got to see the train bridge lift a couple times for larger boats going through to Long Island Sound. It is an easy return back onto I-95.

1  Thank ldeninge
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a great place to explore and walk anytime of day, but late afternoon is nice as the sun sets across the river. There is always so much going on, between the fisherman and crabbers it's fun to just see what people are up to. When you reach the end of the pier the is an elevated platform that is great for expansive views over the estuary area. There are plenty of osprey and other marshland birds to see. If your going to be there into sunset be sure to bring some sort of bug repellent!!!

3  Thank Shefra
Reviewed June 8, 2014

When I was at the Florence Griswald House I asked where I could go to walk by the water they told me DEEP Marine was close by, I went. To my surprise there was an extensive boardwalk along the mouth of the river. This is a quite active water scene. Many fishermen and quite an interesting view. If you are close by don't miss it!

4  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Interesting walk along the river with viewing tower looking out on marsh. You can see many kinds of coastal birds.

1  Thank Sailor-NHYC