“Tricked!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: Chinese
“Tricked!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews here and went on way home to pick up food. First off its cold in the waiting area but what else is new with Chinese takeout. I don't know how the cooks even see what they are cooking because there is like one light on in the back. I got home and my order was wrong. The general tao's chicken was chewy like gum, the wonton soup was watery no flavor ( my son's words ) the chicken egg foo young should have been named onion egg foo burned...wheres the chicken???
The pork fried rice was acceptable, thank god I paid extra for the almond cookies (now less almonds btw) as those and the fortune cookies were the best part of the meal. I threw all left over food away as it was horrible the first time so the second reheat could prove fatal. Im mad I blew $25.00 but also sad that its actually possible to make bad Chinese food. I did not think it was possible. Its possible. Another review said they get sick every third time they go. Would like to ask how many times they have been sick. I did not get sick (yet) but its only been 10 minutes since I ate. I will let you know. Even our worst Chinese restaurant in my town is 3 levels above what I just threw away.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrp.... Uh oh ;(

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JLC10756

Bradenton, Florida
“delivery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have gotten the delivery from this place twice and found it all very good the service was fast and right both times. and the food is really good.

Visited May 2013
“The real deal.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has very very good food. The atmosphere is definitely very low. But you'll definitely enjoy the dishes here.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Great take out, ready in a flash.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Many choices, quick, simple and good. No reason to stay, but it is ready very fast so no problem. Pretty standard Chinese take out menu. No surprises.

• 5 of 5 stars
Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Food is always consistent and they are very quick with the orders. Great value.

Visited April 2012

Been to Hong Kong II? Share your experiences!