“Order a copy of "War and Peace" with your...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hideaway Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #15 of 28 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Order a copy of "War and Peace" with your...”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Order a copy of "War and Peace" with your appetizer. You'll finish it by the time you get your meal.

1 Thank sailormidori

connecticut
“Stay away from hidaway”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I ordered surf and turf. I knew the prime rib was bad just looking at. Even though it was a thin slice, it was very difficult to cut with a knife, very tough, stringy meat. Not tasty at all, probably old meat. I took 2 bites and gave up. THe clam chowder would have been good had it not been way too salty. I asked the waitress if this was typical of steaks served here and she waffled with an answer. For $22 I got a couple of shrimp and some squash. In spite of my dissatisfaction, the waitress did nothing about it. I would stay away from hidaway.

5 Thank janerph59
East Lyme, Connecticut
“I used to live in Lyme, this place never changes...Tacky interior decorating, no taste and the service was fair, food...”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I used to live in Lyme, this place never changes...Tacky interior decorating, no taste and the service was fair, food average, great place for drinking with your friends and socializing not fine dining and service .

2 Thank Calksgirl
“Rude,expensive, don't waste your time and...”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Rude,expensive, don't waste your time and money!!! This restaurant is terrible! My mother and I went in hoping to have a nice lunch. We were seated in the pub area and had placed our orders when the hostess (also the owner!!) came to our table and told us we had to leave because someone just called in a reservation for OUR table. Ridiculous and insulting!

5 Thank JackieB20
CONN.
“Delicious food, great service!”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My huband and I went to this reataurant with friends on a Saturday night and had a marvelous experience! The service was attentive and very helpful. When I asked if the entree I chose could be made with different sauce, our server politely said, "Of course, the chef can prepare it anyway you like." Each of our entrees arrived and they were all perfectly prepared and delicious. We will definitely go back again and again!