“Sunday Lunch”

Hideaway Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #14 of 28 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newington, Connecticut
“Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had company from Las Vegas and wanted a good Scallop lunch. Was not disappointed. Good waiter and food. One of my "go to" places in Old Lyme.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jean982013

Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We go to the Hideaway about once a month to sit at the bar and grab a quick dinner. The servers are always friendly and familiar, and the food is always good. A great local classic!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jakerbreaker
Essex, Connecticut
“Bad, Bad Night”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful day of golf with our son. We wanted to go somewhere close for a bite to eat. Hideaway was close and we thought maybe it would be better than the last time over a year ago. The food I would not serve to my dogs. The waitress was as rude as anyone I have ever met. There is no reason to say any more except I wouldn't go back there again on a bet. Bad, bad food and service.

6 Thank Harley M
New York, New York, United States
“Nice little spot with views of the marsh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hidden in the back of a small shopping plaza, the Hideaway offers good meals, atmosphere and views of Old Lyme marsh area. The food is standard NE American -- lobster rolls, stuffed flounder, steaks -- but well prepared. There's a piano player on weekends for the slightly older crowd.

• Visited April 2014
Ivoryton, Connecticut
“horrible!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We made reservations for 12 people for Easter. I was so excited to get the whole belly clams (along with 4 other people in our party). I was served mine maybe 10 minutes after 3 others who ordered the clams were given their plates.. I looked at their plates thanking god I didn't get one of these because it looked like the remains of what had been whole belly clams but just the leftover fried necks and fried bits--I did see one belly on my mom's plate. I thought for sure they had to be cooking up another batch and when they brought out my plate of fresh whole bellies, my family would be sooo jelous. Well, when I received my plate, it looked like deep fried little sticks scooped up from the bottom of the oven and put on a plate . I could not believe what I was seeing. If it had been April 1st and not the 20th I would have thought this was a joke. Really, it was humorous that someone would even serve you this while making eye contact. If this is the whole belly clams, can you imagine what the clam strips must look like? If I wasn't with my entire family and it wasn't easter, and I didn't have a problem making a scene, then yes, I would've complained. I figured this would be my way of complaining and thank god I have only needed to do this once. Shame on you!!!!!

• Visited April 2014