“Nice restaurant, hidden away in Old Lyme”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Nice restaurant, hidden away in Old Lyme”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I went to the Hideaway for the first time as an anniversary treat. We got a seat by the window, overlooking a marsh. Seats were cane with padding but a little hard. The food was excellent! I ordered the Surf and Turf, prime rib with two baked stuffed shrimp that also came with soup or salad, sweet potato and mashed potatoes. My husband got the stuffed sole. The seafood bisque was very good as well. There was a piano and bass player that Friday evening which played cool jazz which were excellent as well. Would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank thinair6

Pawcatuck, CT
“Pleasant new experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First went there a couple of weeks ago and as a result returned once again. A very large menu with a variety of choices that will appeal to anyone in your party, whether young or old. Prices very reasonable. Example onion rings $3.95, chicken liver entree $12.95. Wine was very fairly priced at $5.50 for a glass of house chardonnay. Portions are substantial so we have yet to sample any of their desserts.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Staschiuk
Lyme, Connecticut
“Spending our 51st Anniversary there”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great Relaxing Place and wonderful food. Love the music on Saturday nights from 6:30 on... My husband loves seafood and we have been able to enjoy a number of their seafood offering and some of the specials. One of my favorite things there is the Pumpking Peach soup. It is ulmost like eating hot pumpking pie... and their bread pudding with caramel sauce.... OOH LA LA... out of this world!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Angeles E
Clinton, Connecticut
“Keep it hidden”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Dinner in the bar is usually pretty good but last night was the exception.
We had an unfriendly waitress until it was time for the check(and her tip)
Barely spoke to us and when she did seemed a bother to her.
Fish and chips were mediocre, dry and overcooked, doubt it was fresh as the menu said,asked for extra tartar sauce, got extra catsup! Food has gone down hill in recent months, not a favorite place to stop any more, go across the street to "Jessies", much friendlier and better food!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kay C
Waterford,CT
“Especially good!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

In fairness, we were married here, so yes we are slanted! Though a couple of words of caution. They are not my choice for Fried seafood.Every once in a while I go there and wish I didnt.The rest of the menu though is delightful.
I ordered a mixed seafood in a honey mustard sauce over pasta. The recipe has changed on it , but the portion was excellent,it was prepared nice and we didnt wait long.The great part is fresh bread keeps coming and it has this fabulous dipping sauce with olive oil and pepper and other spices.The bad news-it fills you up! The salad is very good with a variety of toppings including cucumber,tomato,croutons and a great garlic house dressing. I also did the seafood chowder,excellent.
My wife sticks to her chicken alfredo dish (think iot goes by another name)She loves it and doesnt venture.
While I would not call their service "friendly" it is professional and rarely misses a beat.Cocktails, though a tad expensive are well made and they have a good choice of wines. This is a staple around here and quite frankly will always (hopefully) be

• Visited December 2012