“Good service, food not so good”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

went to dinner with my wife on 10/17/2012. we ordered clam chowder which was very good. I ordered roasted duck legs with a wild berry glaze and my wife ordered PEI mussels for dinner.

The duck legs turned out to be duck drum sticks(4) with a glaze that was cold out of the fridge.
My wife's mussels were overdosed with garlic to the point where she could only eat half of the portion presented. Granted they took the mussels off the bill, but they look in amazement while I tried to explain that a duck leg contains both the thigh and the drumstick. I would not order wither of these menu items again. The service was good.

1  Thank 243CuisineExpert
There are newer reviews for Hideaway Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We eat here often. The food is not always exciting, but good-- the coziness of the bar area makes it enjoyable.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Best place around. Delicious, affordable food. Friendly staff, good service. Like how there's a bar/pub scene and also an elegant dining room. Recommend the hideaway to all.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our annual stopping place to and from New England. We found this local restaurant by chance after a recommendation from a Tourist info waystatiin, a number of years ago. We were not dissapointed. The food was excellent, and very moderately priced. Good selection, nice atmosphere (looking out over protected grounds). Tucked into a small shopping center about 1-mile from the main highway, it is easily accessed. We have since arranged our travel timing to be sure to stop here either to or from New England road trips..

1  Thank Bert S
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I learned the hard way not to eat at the places right on the beach. So we tried this place, which was a ways down the road. The restaurant is cute, service friendly. The clam chowder was delicious. My scallops were just ok. Everyone else seemed satisfied with their salads and sandwiches. No complaints, but I wasn't blown away.