“Pleasant spot for breakfast or lunch”
Review of Morning Glory Cafe

Morning Glory Cafe
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is pleasant spot on the river in Old Lyme. It is wonderful to eat on their outside patio when the weather is warm. The menu offers the standards with a creative variety of dishes and some Laotian specialties worth trying. Although the kitchen has suffered from some growing pains, on our recent visit, everyone in our group was well pleased and well fed.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I first visited the Morning Glory Cafe several years ago when they first opened. I was not impressed and did not go back.

Today, a friend suggested we go there for lunch... I hesitated, remembering the awful breakfast of years ago but I valued this friends opinion so off we went. I'm into salads these days so at my friends suggestion I ordered the Chicken Gai Salad which had shreaded cabbage (instead of greens), some arugula, tomatoes, cukes, shreaded chicken with Honey Ginger Dressing and crushed peanuts. For hard boiled egg lovers, it also comes with but not on this girls plate....(again, another bad memory)

What a pleasant surprise. It was light, delicious and perfect. The coffee was good and plentiful and the service couldn't be better. I watched as other people were served and everything looked beautiful, fresh and well presented.

The cafe sits right near a marshy area so the views are wonderful and add to the relaxiing, sunny atmosphere. I guess the Morning Glory Cafe is back in my repetoire.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Indoor and outdoor seating available. Great little place. A little pricey, but we've had all good meals there.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

A couple from Laos opened this breakfast place a few years ago. Now they provide excellent healthy breakfasts at a reasonable price, served by friendly, competent staff.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have been to the Morning Glory a number of times both for breakfast and lunch. Forr and service was above what you would normally expect.

Been to Morning Glory Cafe? Share your experiences!