“Great Breakfast and lunch, won't break the bank”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Morning Glory Cafe

Morning Glory Cafe
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Niantic, Connecticut
“Great Breakfast and lunch, won't break the bank”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have been to the Morning Glory a number of times both for breakfast and lunch. Forr and service was above what you would normally expect.

• Visited August 2012

Venice, Florida
“Great food and a beautiful view...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a really nice restaurant situated on the beautiful Lieutenant River. Located near the Florence Griswold Museum, the view makes you realize why there was an American Impressionist art colony next door at Florence Griswold's boarding house. The restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch and has an extensive menu. If the weather is good the outdoor seating gives a great view of the river and the large umbrellas keep the sun away. My wife and I enjoyed lunch outside and the service was excellent.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank misterb129
Arundel, Maine
“A great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stumbled on this restaurant on our way to the Bee and Thistle Inn and were very pleasantly surprised by the food and friendliness of the place which we found is a short way from the Inn and is also on the President river. Good food, good prices, great service!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank lrp81
Trumbull, CT
“Beautiful place to have a light meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Morning Glory Cafe offers a unique menu in a lovely setting. The restaurant is right on the Lieutenant River in Old Lyme, where I grew up. I have always thought that there should be more places to eat along the water in Old Lyme, and it's so nice to see that there are more places cropping up. The owner of the restaurant was a good friend of mine in high school, but I have not seen or spoken with him in years. He has a passion for cooking and it has long been his dream to open a restaurant and share his unique talent for food with others. I am so happy for him and his family. The menu has a good amount of variety, the staff is extremely friendly, the prices are good. The restaurant is simple and clean inside, and it is a treat to eat outside overlooking the river. This is a fantastic restaurant.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Harper23
NYC
“Great Vietnamese food in an unlikely Scenic spot off I-95”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I were driving home from Newport and we stopped off at this cafe after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We didn't realize this cafe is literally right off of I-95 and is an ideal stop for travelers looking for breakfast or lunch, it's closed for dinner. there is a lovely salt marsh with outdoor seating in a very casual, homey setting. The menu is an eclectic mix of Vietnamese and American food. We had the Vietnamese spring rolls which were delicious. Then we each had some yummy salads, I had one with cabbage and chicken in a peanuts sauce, and my husband had a salad with grilled salmon on it in a vinaigrette. It was inexpensive, and very healthy meal. We will return the next time we are in the area.

• Visited July 2012