“After shopping alone needing refreshment, this place really pleased me.”
Review of Jessie's Restaurant - CLOSED

Jessie's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was hesitant to go it alone after a long day shopping up the I-95 in Old Saybrook but decided it looked good because my daughter's name is Jessica. I was so welcomed and received a nice glass of chardonnay and delicious bread to munch on. I ordered an appitizer..scallops with a sweet potato puree on a bed of greens. It was delicious, I even ate the puree and the greens it was so good. I got one of their signature salads, so fresh and they even substituted the bacon for walnuts for me. I then had their ice cream of the week salty caramel. I am definitely going back with a friend or hubby.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Because of the location,in a strip mall, we were not expecting how good it was. Decor was clean and modern, service was friendly and knowledgeable. Upscaled menu had a good variety to appeal to everyone,so much so, had a hard time choosing. I did get grilled scallops, with risotto and asparagus, excellent and best risotto I've ever had. My husband and sole franchise And enjoyed every bite. It was our first time but not our last.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Like some other reviewers, I wish Jessie's location equaled their food, which is consistently wonderful. We/I have eaten here many times and have never, ever been disappointed in anything, including the service. They know what they're doing -- am craving their short ribs right now! Don't, don't, don't be put off by the strip mall. (It's actually a very nice strip mall.) And, Jessie's, if you ever move, please don't move far!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is one of those places you'd pass up because of the location. That would be like judging a book by it's cover and a big mistake. Jessie is always on her game and a delightful person to engage as you have dinner, as we do, at the bar. She always makes the rounds at tables too.
What comes out of the kitchen is inventive, cooked perfectly and well proportioned.
Don't pass this place up as it will quickly become one of your favorites.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

What a nice surprise to find this comfortable and casually upscale restaurant in the Old Lyme mall, with a menu full of creative and delicious dishes. The salads could easily feed two or three people with entrees. And the main entrees are generous too. One friend could only finish half her delicious pasta and scallop special - although another friend devoured her steak au poivre with al dente asparagus spears. The Caesar salad with a seared scallop appetizer was perfect as my entree. The scallops were done to perfection - fork-tender sweet and served with creamy sweet potatoes - and while the salad was good and had fresh cheese shavings and homemade croutons, it was the only "negative" of the evening - the dressing was a little watery and could have used a pinch more garlic. That said, save room for dessert! Our choices were Bucks ice cream or gelato; a peanut butter and chocolate pie from Florida; and a chocolate torte, a creme brulee cheesecake, or a sinfully delicious baked apple dessert with cinnamon, ice cream, and whipped cream from New York. The cost per person with a glass of wine each came to $37 each plus tip. Seating is limited so reservations are suggested. I'll definitely be back soon to this little hidden gem!