“A Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Old Greenwich
Newport, Rhode Island
“A Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed for the first time very recently at the Hyatt Regency in Greenwich and I have nothing but praise for this lovely place. The common rooms are spacious and elegant, and the sleeping rooms are extremely well appointed and most comfortable. The only item which some might consider a drawback is that this hotel is so well situated and so very spacious that it is the venue for many organization meetings, small conventions, etc.I did not find this in the least bothersome but some might and so I mention it.The hotel runs a shuttle service to and from the Stamford train station which is about a mile away and is the express train stop for Grand Central Station in NYC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for your very kind words regarding your stay experience. I am very happy to hear that your stay was both comfortable and elegant. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I think it is safe to say that many travelers will find this review helpful.

If I can be of any assistance in booking a future stay, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com. I hope to welcome you back to The Hyatt Regency Greenwich again soon!

Hyatt Regency Greenwich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Monte Nido, CA
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Only stayed here one quick night, but have been here before and this is up to part with other Regencies. My room was clean and updated, the only drawback was that I had a view of a roof.

Also the movie system wasn't working well and when I asked to have the charge removed the person at the front desk said they would, but the next morning the charge was there.

Food was the same as others in this level of Hyatt.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your returning stay with us. I am very happy to hear that your room was clean and updated, however, I do apologize that the view from the room was a letdown. I do apologize that the movie system was not working well and furthermore that we did not adjust off the charge after it was confirmed that we had. Please accept my sincerest apologies for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com. I hope to welcome you back to The Hyatt Regency Greenwich again soon!

Cockeysville, Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed here in April 2014 and the stay was great. Have a lot of complainers on here, don't know why. The place was beautiful, the lobby was amazing. One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. Would stay here again if in the area. The staff was friendly, the room was cleaned, the indoor pool are was fantastic. I had free wifi during my stay. Would highly recommend

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone your stay experience at our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We would absolutely love to welcome you back again soon! If you need any assistance regarding a future stay or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I figured I would write this review while I am currently staying here. I am at the gym... Unable to use wifi while I workout even though I am paying the RIDICULOUS $15 per day wifi fee in my room. I called the front desk and they had no way of connecting me to wifi... Unless I go back to my room. For $15 a day, I should be able to access wifi anywhere in this hotel.

Overall, I get the impression that hyatt just wants to nickel and dime guests at every turn. Our breakfast buffet was $17.50 per person (plus tip for the waiter who brought us glasses of water). It was mediocre; I had dry eggs and a few pieces of fruit. Most of the fruit was slimy and had to be discarded. I took some oatmeal but it was so overlooked and gummy I could not eat it. On day two I liked the breakfast vastly more because there was a man making omelets to order - and he made a good omelet! I really enjoyed that and he was very friendly. Thanks omelet guy - you helped redeem our stay here. The fruit was a bit better day two. The watermelon was great but the strawberries still seemed old.

The atrium is beautiful and that is what this place has going for it. The atrium is unique and gorgeous. We sat down there last night for drinks and dessert.

The room is nice enough. Our sheets were torn, exposing the bare mattress below, which was kind of gross. The decor is very masculine. The view of the atrium is cool. The walls are almost literally paper thin. I listened to a woman coughing (it sounded like she was in the room next to me) while I got dressed, and as I left my room I could hear her coughing all the way until I passed her room - 6 doors down and across the hall! You hear everything hear. I heard a man take a phone call and could just barely heard the person on the other end.

The gym is very nice but again - don't think you can use your $15 wifi in here. Nope - you'll be stuck trying to answer work emails from your phone. But it is an outstanding gym - lots of nice equipment for lifting and cardio. I spent a lot of time here and did enjoy the machines a lot.

The staff are mostly friendly. The omelet guy was nice. We were told parking behind the building was free. I am just waiting to see our bill to see how much they actually charged us for this. Oh and make sure you don't drink that tempting bottle of water in your room - you will be out $5 if you do.

We went down to the bar last night. It took a while for a server to make his way to our table and after looking at the menu for a while, we really could not justify spending $24 (plus tax and tip I assume) on two glasses of wine. We make good money; we are very well employed and quite fortunate - but we have limits and we both don't like feeling like we are being taking advantage of - and the prices here were just ridiculous. Because we didn't want to fork over more money on alcohol or food, we couldn't even enjoy the atrium - there is no where to sit that you don't need to spend money. So back to our room we went after a disapproving look from the server.

To be perfectly honest, this experienced soured me on the Hyatt. I had booked four nights in maui this July at the Hyatt for a portion of our honeymoon. I canceled that this afternoon. I don't think I will be returning to a Hyatt anytime soon.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank SummerLove11
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay experience at The Hyatt Regency Greenwich. You have provided me with some very useful and detailed information regarding how we can improve our property, this is greatly appreciated.

Firstly, I do want to apologize for Wi-Fi issue you experienced. I do not want you, or any of our guests to feel as they are being nickel and dimed, however, I do see what caused you to feel this way. This issue we can resolve by ensuring that the Hyatt Guestroom Network Signal can be accessed by guests in the gym as well as the guest room. I will get with our AVT team on this matter immediately. I will also make sure that no more bottles of water get placed in the guestrooms without a tag noting its cost.

The torn sheets that were in your guest room are absolutely unacceptable. We do strive for cleanliness in our guestrooms so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the atrium, and that you did have a good encounter with a gentleman working the omelet station.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this inconvenience. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the e-mail listed below. I would love for you and your loved ones to come back and enjoy the atrium and give us one more chance to show you our improvements.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Ok- property is old. Food is terrible-only 1 restaurant and it's expensive but not good.

Location is poor- nothing nearby. Have to rent a car or walk along a busy street to get to food options that are also ok.

Musty smell throughout the 1st floor and near the workout facility.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Laxmomjessica
Good Evening,

I am truly disappointed to hear you did not have a good experience at our property. We are constantly striving to improve our product and services based on our customers' feedback. If you do not mind me asking, what did your order at the restaurant, and why was it not to your liking?

I do also apologize that we are not located in more of a rural area; this does seem to pose an inconvenience. Furthermore, we will defiantly investigate the musty smell near the workout facility, and it will be eliminated.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I couldn't say enough great thing about my stay at the Hyatt, except for the temperature control in the room. The room was nicely designed with a comfortable bed. The front desk staff was very nice at check in and check out. The only issue with my stay was the temperature in the room. I checked in late after work and went right to sleep. I set the thermostat low because I like to sleep in a cool room and didn't give the temperature another thought. When I woke up around 2am. I couldn't believe how warm I was. Since the temperature was set at 65 and there was cool air coming out of the vent I think it had to be how the venting system was designed in the room. Since I didn't feel like dealing with hotel staff and waking up even more I just went back to bed and notified the hotel staff in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kayaker5629
Good Evening,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your time at our property. As for the temperature issue you experienced, I do apoligze. I will discuss this issue with engineering so that we can investigate more into our HVAC system so that we can brainstorm a solution.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvience of the room temperature, and the discomfort it caused you during your stay. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the e-mail listed below. I do hope that you will visit again soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a women's retreat. It seems that the hotel wasn't anywhere close to being prepared for the size of our retreat group. Logistically, it was a nightmare most of the entire time of the retreat.

If you choose to stay here, you should know that it's located in the middle of nowhere. As in nowhere close to restaurants, entertainment, retail stores, etc. When I called before arriving to inquire about places to go around the hotel, the hotel staff told me there were plenty of places to go/eat, but that wasn't exactly accurate. If I'd known the lay of the land better, I would've selected the Marriott - Stamford in downtown Stamford to stay at since the retreat planners provided shuttle bus service between the two hotels.

One plus is the availability of a hotel shuttle to take guests to nearby attractions. Otherwise, the hotel was average. But, I would really think twice before staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank LoveToGo37
Good Evening,

I am truly disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do have a few restaurants within walking distance; however, you are correct that it is much more of a suburban area than downtown Stamford. Please accept my sincerest apologies for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the e-mail listed below. I do hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you back to our property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Greenwich
Crowne Plaza Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#5 of 14 in Stamford
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenwich? Share your experiences!