First thing's first: This hotel is incredible value. There aren't many options w/i Greenwich itself, and this one is a solid option with very reasonable rates. It's also well-located, right off the highway, nearby just about anything , you'd need -- gas, groceries, fast-food, restaurants, Dunkin Donuts. Heck, I was here for a wedding and needed a belt, and thankfully there was a mall not more than 15 minutes up the road. What a relief.
Second thing you need to know: This hotel is humongous. It looks like a castle straight out of a PBS miniseries on the outside. And inside, it's like an Embassy Suites on steroids -- interior courtrard with rooms on the perimeter -- with a slight humidity inside that leaves everything seeming a little moist. Parking is free, though, it's a hike to the front desk. And because there's a restaurant/gazebo lounge smack in the middle of the interior, there really is no direct, save-some-time path to where you want to go. So, walking from the lot to the front desk can be a hike (be warned).
Check-in is great. The desk agent was so efficient. I had originally booked two queens because the rate was cheaper. But she immediately put me into a King at the same rate. I appreciated that. However, getting to the room is a pain! Because the place is so darned big -- and probably old, so they haven't been able to add more elevators in places that would make sense. You have to walk quite a ways to get to your room.
Room itself was great. No complaints. Beds are totally comfortable. Bathroom is great. TV could use more channels, but heck I hardly ever watch TV while on the road.
Because the hotel is large, the facility hosts many events. And my stay was no exception. There were two weddings that weekend, a cultural fashion show and some teenage birthday party. There were lots of people in the building. And things got loud. There is alot of action in the hallway. The doors are not so thick that you can't hear what's going on outside. So be warned that you'll hear lots of noise even at night.
The only minor inconvenience was a staff member knocking on my door at 2 am after wheeling a rolling bed down the hallway (these are long hallways!). Surprised, I answered the door. He announced he had a rolling bed. I kinda looked at him like, "What are you doing knocking at my door this late at night?" And he immediately knew he had the wrong room. No worries. But even still, had it been a more sleep-sensitive guest, this might have been a real problem!
In any case, i'm glad I stayed here because I had a very competitive rate. But it's too big and mall-like to make me feel like i'd really go out of my way to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located less than 5 minutes from the Stamford Business District and train station and 20 minutes from White Plains, NY. Easy access off I-95, Exit 5. Only 45 minutes by train from Manhattan. Complimentary shuttle service available within a five-mile radius. All guestrooms are wired for complimentary high-speed & wireless internet access. Surrender to the Hyatt Grand Bed - featuring luxurious goose down pillows, triple sheeting, a thick down blanket - all piled atop a Sealy Posturepedic pillow top mattress. Check-in or out with a simple touch of a screen using the Express Check-in Kiosk. Retrieve flight information and boarding pass using the Hyatt Fast Board technology. Enjoy our Stay Fit at Hyatt program at the fitness center featuring Life Fitness cardio and strengthening machines with individual flat screen TVs, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Satisfy your appetite for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Winfield's Restaurant winner of the Best Sunday Brunch by Greenwich Magazine. Relax in the Gazebo Bar for a specialty cocktail and a light fare menu. Or enjoy the ultimate in convenience when you dine in the comfort of your own room with our extensive Room Service menu. Restore your spirits after a workout with a power drink or snack at our Hyatt Stay Fit Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, Travelocity, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Greenwich Hotel Old Greenwich
- Greenwich Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Old Greenwich
- Hyatt Regency Old Greenwich