“Beautiful Common Space”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Old Greenwich
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Common Space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I have now stayed here 5 times as it is conveniently located when we are visiting family. The most impressive feature of this hotel is the enormous atrium - but unlike other Hyatt atriums. This one is like a huge greenhouse. The bar and restaurant are located in the atrium and it is like being in a tropical garden. It is quite lovely and pleasant. I would say the rooms are "standard" for a Hyatt - which is to say, comfortable beds, good size rooms, up to date technology, and well appointed bathrooms. If I have one complaint, it is that when we stay on the club floor, we find that the club has limited hours and is closed on the weekend. So - avoid the club floor if you are staying over a weekend as it is simply not worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Once again, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Old Greenwich. Even though I have stayed here many times, I must say that they continue to impress me every time. I have reviewed this hotel before and had recommended all to stay here for any occasions if in Fairfield County, CT. This truly is the best hotel in this whole area. Nothing else can even compare. I stayed at some higher stars and much higher priced hotels nearby, Hyatt is much better than any of them. The reason I want to review this hotel again is because I would like to encourage all readers to become Hyatt's loyal fans, because they truly take great care of their "fans" even though their service to all their guests are already superb. They have gone out of their way many times to ensure that every time I stayed with them was a completely satisfaction. Hyatt Regency is a gorgeous hotel in a beautiful and convenient location. Their rooms are large, updated, comfortable and clean. Their public area is stunning. Their service is the best I have ever experienced. I have traveled the world and stayed at many of the most luxurious hotels, Hyatt Regency in Old Greenwich is my most favored hotel. I find every reason to stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeaChane
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for a 1 night stopover on our way to JFK airport. We knew it would be only about an hours drive so fitted the bill. We were surprised at the low rate for such a luxurious hotel. The rate was far less than we'd paid the night before in a grotty b&b in Plymouth!! The rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfast fantastic. Unfortunately we cannot be as complimentary about the concierge. We asked his advise on where to dine on a Saturday evening. He kindly printed a map giving directions to the restaurant he recommended. What he failed to advise, was that it is impossible to eat at this restaurant on a Saturday evening without prior reservation. We spent the following half hour driving around a strange city looking for a place to eat!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lift
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

For the second time, we've booked a last minute room on a rainy day to take a trip just a hop, skip, and a jump from home. It's a beautiful hotel, really recently renovated, great service, and a legendary Sunday breakfast buffet. This time was especially lovely; our requested "double" was not available when we arrived, so they put us in one of the largest suites I have ever seen. To top that off, they then sent us champagne and strawberries to apologize for the room mix-up. Completely unnecessary, as we relaxed in our multi-room, two bathroom accommodations. Our daughter loves the courtyard atrium, and we had a wonderful breakfast. The only downside is the pool: while our daughter loves swimming in it, it gets very crowded, the chairs are less than desirable around it (and there's very little space to lounge at all because of poor set-up), and without supervision, it becomes pretty nuts in there. Perhaps a lifeguard could keep things in check -- incredibly outrageous how some people let their children behave in a pool! But overall we will keep returning: this place is top notch all around.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the Courtyard- the people watching is fabulous.
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night with a family. The check in was smooth although the gentleman at the reception was a little bit nosy.There is indoor garden with a pond which give this place a resort feel.There is bar at this garden as well which close at midnight. The room was clean and nice almost spotless.The guy close to the elevator was not helpful.I was clearly reading the signs looking lost and frustrated,I was looking for a fitness area but he did not bother helping just stood there chit- chatting with an older gentleman who seem to one of the client or probably colleague.The fitness room or "STAY FIT"room turn out to be on the boardrooms side of the first floor with bathroom sign proceeding the stay fit sign.The gym is small but nice.I enjoyed the pool area too.You should try their honey BBQ chicken wings, they are tender and melt into your mouth.I did not eat anything else so I am not sure how the breakfast is on this place.It is quite a hike to some of the rooms if your older or have little kids.It is worth staying If you are taking road trip to somewhere else as it is close to major highway.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I decided that it was time for us to get away for the first time since our 2-year-old was born and chose the Hyatt Regency Greenwich as our place to spend the night. We took the ferry from Long Island to Connecticut and had no trouble making our way to the Hyatt from there. I was impressed with the attentive service provided by the Hyatt staff even before our stay. The night before our stay I emailed the hotel asking for a late check out since my wife and I wanted to be able to sleep in (no kids to wake us up early!). Within a couple of hours we received a reply from Justin and Catherine confirming that we had been approved for a late (2 PM) checkout and asking if that would be sufficient (it was). Then, when we arrived we were surprised with a complimentary upgrade to a suite! The front desk staff was attentive and friendly and made us both feel welcome.

The hotel room was spotlessly clean and well appointed. I am usually very uncomfortable with being in hotel rooms in general, finding them to be a bit gross, but the housekeeping staff here did a wonderful job. I usually wipe surfaces down with disinfectant wipes when I arrive in a hotel and much to my satisfaction no black residue was left on the wipes when I did so at this hotel. The only thing I noticed missing was that while there were two robes in the room there was only one pair of slippers.

We had originally booked a AAA rate room which included a complimentary breakfast. Unfortunately since my wife and I both keep kosher we weren't able to take advantage of any of the dining options or this breakfast offer.

Self-parking was $10 per day and while other reviews are critical of this hotel for this, being from Los Angeles I found it to be reasonable. Hotels back home of this class often charge between $20 - $40 per day for self parking

Overall, we had a great stay here and enjoyed our overnight trip to Old Greenwich. While this was the first time for either of us visiting Connecticut, we're definitely planning on returning next year for a repeat and while we don't expect to be upgraded to such a nice room again next time, I'm sure we'll still have a great experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stratham, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We recently traveled by car on vacation, and stayed at the Hyatt Regency as a halfway point on our trip. The hotel was conveniently located to the highway, so it worked well for us. The rooms were good sized, but we had to hike a long way off the elevator to our room (rolling bags are a positive). Our reservation included breakfast for two, although I had to go back to ask for the vouchers at the front desk. The atrium was very nice, but way too cold! I'm not sure why the A/C was so extreme, but we ended up wearing sweatshirts at breakfast. The breakfast buffet was very nice, with plenty of hot food, an omelet station, and decent service. We would stay here again on a future road trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
Crowne Plaza Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#5 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenwich? Share your experiences!