After last year's total fiasco (see my review 1/18/12) at this Hyatt, we vowed never to return. However, we were invited back by the general manager for a one night comp.
Let's get to it...
What a difference a year makes and it's all good. Here are the pros/cons.
Sunday Brunch - Excellent in every department - Service was Great - Food Selection was Tremendous. Food Quality - Best Hotel Food we have had in a long time.
Hotel Appearance - Renovation is almost complete - pool and health club scheduled for a 2/1/13 opening. To their credit they let us know ahead of time so no surprises.
Check In - Fast, Friendly & Efficient - A huge improvement from last year's check in nightmare.
Room - Clean - Spacious Suite and very Comfortable & Quiet.
Bar Service - Efficient - Great Value on the Football Specials. However, the area around the Bar needs to cleared and cleaned up on an ongoing basis - They leave bus trays noticeably overflowing.
The Regency Club - Excellent - clean and great selection of food and drinks.
Check Out - Fast and efficient.
Cons - Really just a few things here:
Shower - Was nice (no tub) but the guy who tiled the shower didn't put in a wall soap dish so you had no where to put the soap except on the ground. It's a hassle - needs a shower caddy at least.
Towels - The towels were cheap and rough. Typical Holiday Inn quality so that surprised us given the beauty of the suite.
This return stay was pleasant, professional and without any major hassles. There must have been a major shake up at the top of management because it's almost as if we were in a different hotel.
For me to be impressed after such a bad experience is nothing short of a great turn-around story. Kudo's to all staff members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located less than 5 minutes from the Stamford Business District and train station and 20 minutes from White Plains, NY. Easy access off I-95, Exit 5. Only 45 minutes by train from Manhattan. Complimentary shuttle service available within a five-mile radius. All guestrooms are wired for complimentary high-speed & wireless internet access. Surrender to the Hyatt Grand Bed - featuring luxurious goose down pillows, triple sheeting, a thick down blanket - all piled atop a Sealy Posturepedic pillow top mattress. Check-in or out with a simple touch of a screen using the Express Check-in Kiosk. Retrieve flight information and boarding pass using the Hyatt Fast Board technology. Enjoy our Stay Fit at Hyatt program at the fitness center featuring Life Fitness cardio and strengthening machines with individual flat screen TVs, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Satisfy your appetite for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Winfield's Restaurant winner of the Best Sunday Brunch by Greenwich Magazine. Relax in the Gazebo Bar for a specialty cocktail and a light fare menu. Or enjoy the ultimate in convenience when you dine in the comfort of your own room with our extensive Room Service menu. Restore your spirits after a workout with a power drink or snack at our Hyatt Stay Fit Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Greenwich Hotel Old Greenwich
- Greenwich Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Old Greenwich
- Hyatt Regency Old Greenwich