“Good when on the Run”

Add it.
Boston Market
Ranked #16 of 32 Restaurants in Old Greenwich
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I go here from time to time. It is a tasty easy meal. But, I think the chickens have shrunk. The food tastes saltier than I remember and the service is slow.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is the question that I asked myself after the second unsuccessful foray to this horrible franchise of what is normally quite a good fast food restaurant.
The answer to the question is, "When they don't have any dark meat ready due to the incompetence of the manager!"...

I have visited this franchise twice in the last few months after a gym workout hoping to get a relatively healthy meal quickly. The first time I went the manager tried for several minutes to foist a white meat chicken meal on to me. I couldn't figure out why he was so adamant about it. Finally, I asked him if he had any dark meat and he told me it would be another 10 minutes before he could provide any.

Well... people do make mistakes and I do like to give them the benefit of the doubt...
So, last night, at about 8:30 P.M. after a hard work out I was tired and didn't feel like cooking. So, I tried again... After all, things must have changed after a couple of months, right??? Nobody can be this stupid all the time, right?

Well, I had exactly the same experience. I asked for the three piece dark meat meal. The employee who greeted me asked me what sides I wanted, put them on the plate and took it to the person whose job is to cut up the chicken. The person cutting the chicken gave her a terribly sheepish look and the employee gives me a terribly resigned look.

Suddenly, the manager appears from the back and says something to the employee. She tells me, "sorry there is no dark meat left"...

I tell her, "I don't want to eat white meat. I wan't to eat dark meat". And the manager comes over and says, "it will be another 8-10 minutes"... Again?

When is a chicken restaurant not a chicken restaurant?
When the manager will not make any more dark meat until all the white meat is sold...

Whooo.... what an idiot... Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.