“after commute social bar”
Review of Mackenzie's Grill Room - CLOSED

Mackenzie's Grill Room
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
“after commute social bar”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

great place to have a drink on your way home from NYC. Wings are good. Beer is great. Social scene is very fun Old Greenwich...

• Visited May 2014

Old Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great family place and "Cheers" bar”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Love the staff and atmosphere. Everyone feels welcome. Nice old fashioned family place with good pub fare. Love it!

• Visited February 2014
Middletown, New York
“Horrible service, if you're not a local, expect to be treated poorly.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I were visiting Greenwich from NY for the weekend and read reviews on yelp for this restaurant and decided to check it out. WORST-idea-ever! Upon entering the bar we were "greeted" by a bartender glaring at us, no "hello" or "thanks for joining us". Furthermore, we were ignored entirely for a few minutes until she got back to us. At this point she had YET to welcome us and blandly asked what we wanted to drink. As I began to order my drink I was interrupted by her asking for our ID's, which is fine, but the manor in which she demanded them from us was FAR from professional. I was visibly annoyed and she proceeded to roll her eyes and walk away. Minutes later, our VALID ID's were passed off to some type of "manager" who stared at us (along with other patrons and employees) and the ID's a few times and then determined that it was okay to serve us. When I asked what the problem was, the bartender replied that the ID's appear to be different, which would make sense considering my license is newer and less faded than my partners. Needless to say we felt extremely uncomfortable and decided to leave but not before I called the "manager" over. While trying to explain my extreme dissatisfaction with the lack of courtesy and respect we were given, the manager did not apologize or attempt to rectify the situation in any way,shape, or form, but rather made excuses for the bartenders actions. Coming from a career which replies on making positive impressions/connections with consumers, I would suggest that the owner needs to seriously reevaluate management and consider making some changes. Your website boasts to have a warm I have never experienced such blatant discrimination or have been treated so rudely. We went to several other restaurants within this town and were treated with the upmost respect, so this type of ignorance is unacceptable.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Rosebud428
“Kinda like "Cheers"”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This place is like your favorite pair of shoes. Comfort at its best. They keep the menu relatively simple and everything is very good. The staff is personable, warm and friendly. But what I like about Mckenzies the most is Thursday nights. The band, Night Market, has been playing there for years. They play R&B, Motown, Pop....they are fantastic and have developed a cult following, including myself. Check it out. You will enjoy the band.

• Visited November 2013
Pleasanton, California, United States
“A Great Place to Hang Out”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a family-friendly bar/restaurant with great burgers and a menu that has something for everyone. A single order of Fish and Chips can easily serve 2 adults and it is consistently really good. The staff is very accommodating of special requests/modifications to items on the menu and they take care to make sure your food is prepared the way you asked for it. The acoustics are good because even when there is live music playing near the bar, you can still have an audible conversation in the restaurant area.

• Visited October 2012