“Great Service, Great Food!”
Review of Bistro Latino - CLOSED

Bistro Latino
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Bistro Latino in Old Greenwich, CT and we were blown away with the customer service we received. The staff is top notch and knowledgeable about the wine. Too often, we go to restaurants and the wait staff is clueless about the wine they sell. The food was cooked to perfection and super tasty. We have been twice so far and plan on going again soon. Give it a try, you will be very pleased you did.

1  Thank ishrafa

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went for Saturday lunch and everyone was very pleased with their selections. I had two tapas - mussels and crab cakes - and found the mussels delicious, with a superb broth which I loved. The crab cakes were not as much crab as I would like, so this was not especially memorable.

My friends really enjoyed their selections, including the salmon and vegetable paella.

The dining space is very attractive and the bathrooms are clean. The wait staff was prompt and friendly - overall a very good dining experience. Saturday lunch was slow so I can't really comment on noise levels. I thought the drinks were a bit pricey but the draft beers reasonable.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went for lunch on the basis of the recent NYT review and will surely return & return. Two us us shared four different Tapas. We each had a delectable glass of Albarino white wine.

The Tapas were all absolutely delicious and each presented unique flavors and utter freshness. The tuna tartare was very tasty, mussels with chorizo in a tomato broth were stunningly good, the wild mushroom over a light crust nearly caused a food-fight, but nothing could top the lamb meatballs in a rich tomato sauce.... truly amazing. As to portion size, we were stuffed!

Service was very polite and well informed. The atmosphere is nice if somewhat subdued at lunch.

Go for it: the food is amazing.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

No reservation on a Saturday night but we were seated promptly. The hummus and flatbread they brought to the table was tasty but bland in color (presentation). My creamy (yummy) tomato soup topped with parmesan cheese was perfect. I ordered the vegetarian main course and was pleasantly surprised by the depth of flavors. The noise level was a little too high but beyond that the service was excellent.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a Raphael Palomino restaurant that has gone under several name and them changes over the past few years, non of which has been able to sustain itself. I think this will be an exception. The space is very nice with a large bar area and communal tables, a private dining area for a small party and a large dining area that is attractive and comfortable. The menu consists of Spanish tapas, hot and cold, and several unique entrees. The food is creative and authentic. The wine list is reasonable consisting of mostly Spanish, Argetinian and Chilean wines. The staff is friendly, fun and knowledgeable. I can see the bar scene becoming lively with the interesting tapas to nibble on. I think this restaurant has legs.

1  Thank hirschfab5