“Nice ambiance, Spanish food”

Rekados Cafe and Restaurante
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Silang
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Reviewed June 9, 2014

On the way to Tagaytay and looking for a late lunch, we chanced upon Rekados. There was still lunch buffet (limited choice of Spanish dishes) but we decided to order a la carte instead. The food was good, mixed Filipino and Spanish in taste. It is just the serving is quite small which makes the food a little expensive.

Ambiance is very nice, homey but with a touch of class. Would have been better though if the airconditioning unit was colder. The restaurant is surrounded by glass and in the early afternoon the sun is really hot on a summer’s day. They have a souvenir of “pasalubong” outlet which is a welcome treat for those wanting to bring home some delicacies to loved ones.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Beautiful ambiance betrays what awaits you inside -- room temperature dining area, unprofessional staff, too long waiting time, and food that's nothing to rave about.

The place looks nice; I'll give it that. The pleasantness ends there, though. We were near the bar where the waitstaff tend to huddle (noisily, at that). I called for one of them and the two who looked at me looked at each other and said "Ikaw na." One relented and proceeded to take my order. I ordered a salad for starters. After about 10mins I ordered main courses and drinks. Those got served in about 30mins. Nothing special about the roast Angus beef and the lengua. Salad never made it to the table. It wasn't being prepared yet even after we've finished the main courses.

This place will not last long if changes for the better are not made quickly.

1  Thank cjfesguerra
Reviewed April 17, 2014

It was my first time to dine in this restaurant. At first when you look at the place from the outside you will think that it is a very expensive one. The way you will look at the place its structure and design it was oh so classy. But when i get to check on their menu, wow the prices of the meals are very affordable.

It was almost dinner when we arrived.

We get to have a mocha cappuccino and churros con chocolate first.

Rekados serves Italian, Spanish and Filipino cuisine.

We opted for the Italian cuisine which is just a simple pizza. Since we are having a light dinner only, we ordered their best seller Pizza Margherita. Which taste very good, i almost finish the whole pizza. It's heaven for me! Well i am a pizza lover.

We didn't get to try their other menus. As we are happy with what we had.

The environment is very cozy. Even the outside seating. You can walk along their simple garden while waiting for your order. Clean toilet with soap and water and hand drier. What's only lacking is the toilet paper guess when it's our turn to use, toilet papers are consumed already. That they have to check every now and then.

There are also stores on the side where you can buy goodies such as sweets, fresh milk and juices, cheese and a lot more.

Staff are friendly but the service i think is not that impressive.

It took as minutes and minutes to wait for our order to come. And we have to call the waitress every second just to follow up on our order which is i guess very easy to prepare (pizza!).

I think because when we arrived the place is fulll packed people kept on coming.

But nevertheless everything is good.

I will definitely come back and try their other menus.

3  Thank brazilpinay
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This newly opened restaurant in Silang, Cavite is definitely worth the drive. It's a get away from the busy restaurants at Sta. Rosa and Tagaytay City. The ambience is very cozy, and is ideal for a date. For appetizer, I recommend the Buffalo wings, they are tasty but not salty. The Aligue pasta with chicharon was our favorite and the Salmon pasta wasn't bad either. They also serve pizza, the crust is so thin that's why you'll really enjoy all the flavors of the topping, but taste can be overpowering after 2 slices. Staff service was great as well. Will definitely be back to try the Filipino cuisine next time. After the filling meal, cap it off with Civet Coffee.

3  Thank Zetnyek