“Best chinese lumpia outside Binondo!”
Review of Cecil's Cafe

Cecil's Cafe
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Silang
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed February 10, 2017

If you're old enough to remember Green Patio in Greenhills, you need to drive all the way to Sta Rosa to eat at Cecil's. The owner is the daughter in law of the former owners of Green Patio and has inherited the recipe for possibly one of the best fresh lumpia ever.
I cannot imagine how she sells it at P70 each. Pair this with an order of meltingly good pork belly encased in cuapao buns and you have a great meal. If you're on the road to Tagaytay or parts beyond, don't miss Cecil's! PS The brazo de mercedes is also very good!

Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

This is my second time here. The first was with a dear friend who actually introduced the place to me. Fell in love with their Lumpia, like I can eat it everyday. So today, I brought my husband for a date and he enjoyed the small but cozy place and the food. I hope they can maintain the affordability of the prices of their food selection because nowadays, it's just so hard to find a perfect place like this where great taste can be enjoyed without breaking ur budget. Will be coming back to try other food in the menu..

1  Thank Lakbaybba
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Got curious about this place as I saw a number of friends posts in FB. The food didn't disappoint. Had their specialty lumpia, puto't dinuguan and vegetable lasagna. I'd give all three a score ranging 4-5.

Also had a cup of hot cappucino and the coffee is nice too.

The only caveat is the pricing is a bit in the high range compared to cafes in the Paseo de Santa Rosa and Solenad areas. I won't complain though since the quality of the food is good.

I won't let go of the fact though that a serving of plain rice is sooooo expensive. At 60 php per serving (small to medium cup), I would suggest that rice gets included in the menu list so that rice persons like me don't get surprised once it's time to pay for the bill.

I'd highly recommend this place though specifically for those who already tried almost every food spot in the Paseo, Vista Mall and Nuvali areas

1  Thank Karl A
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

Quaint store which has lots of mementos. Could sit 8-10 people comfortably.
Lumpia was tasting more like of Ubod and coriander and I wonder where did all the vegetables go? The wrap has an eggy taste and texture vs the Shanghai wrap that I'm used to but I like sauce dispenser.
I ended up ordering caldereta and rice which I preferred.

1  Thank sudhiira
Reviewed May 8, 2016

I love the lumpia, the dinuguan and puto, the pochero, and let's just say everything on the menu?

Although quite a diverse selection, food is a good mix of Filipino, Chinese, Italian, and American. Well selected that you would love to try them all.

Cecil's Cafe is a restaurant that kept me craving for Lumpiang Sariwa everytime we travel back to Manila from Tagaytay City. Quite a good location as it is away from the busy Silang and is located just before the robust Sta. Rosa "Nuvali" area.

Interiors are full of homey items-- from paintings on the walls to plants outside its doors.