“Best kept secret in Tagaytay.”

Chateau Hestia Garden Restaurant & Deli
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Silang
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Chateau Hestia is one of those places that’s hard to find and is well concealed. The food however is not spectacular but it is good. The ambiance- a rustic country home with lush greenery around you, a little touch of Austria, the cozy colors, the friendly service, the good coffee, and the serene feeling I get when I come here, are the reasons why I come here. And I've been here over twenty times. It's my favorite place to go to in Tagaytay. Their wine is decently priced and affordable. The deli is also inexpensive. And the food is also modestly priced.

I’ve eaten many of the dishes in the menu and my favorites are the Pork Belly, Osso Bucco, Gorgonzola pasta, and their pizza with Italian cold cuts. The lobster bisque though is disappointing and not worthy of being called such. Their homemade breads and eggplant dip, which are usually complimentary, is light and delightful. For dessert, the panna cotta is ok but their homemade ice cream (Ferrero rocher) is really good but make sure when you order that its not an old stock or that it’s not too frozen or else you’ll be eating chips of crushed ice.

I’ll always come here and it’ll be my favorite spot in Tagaytay. However, the place is getting more and more known so it’s not so much of a hidden gem anymore. Avoid lunch time on the weekends because it loses its tranquility. Go at night or late afternoon.

2  Thank ClutchCrowe

Reviewed January 20, 2012

We loved the ambiance and the margherita pizza. The white cream-based pasta with mushrooms was dry, while the gelato is worth a try but nothing spectacular. It's good value for money. Better to book in advance as the resto does go full esp on peak hours.

2  Thank whatsupricky
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My family and I went to this restaurant for Christmas lunch after seeing so many glowing reviews from food bloggers. What we found was that the food was pretty much a mixed bag. The mushroom soup, sausage platter, and Real pizza were pretty decent. However, the Osso Buco (supposedly their best-seller) and the Zurich-Style Chicken was so bland. The real star of the meal though was the Kaiser Schmarrn (Emperor’s omelet) - the famous royal pancake of Austria served with plum & cherry compote. Light, fluffy, and sprinkled with just the right amount of sugar, you could end up scarfing down more than you thought you would.

The place is actually quite quaint and homey, with a small outdoor area where you can enjoy the Tagaytay weather while waiting for your food. You can also take a walk around their herb garden if you like. It's best to come here if you're looking for a relaxing and intimate place where you can stay for dessert or wine.

1  Thank heydonna
Reviewed November 12, 2011

After a fun, but hot beach weekend in Nasugbu, I decided to treat the family to a relaxing and cool Sunday lunch atop Tagaytay ridge; the first place that came to mind: Chateu Hestia. Nestled amongst the rolling pineapple orchards that flank the volcanic ridge, CH is both a meticulously tended tropical garden (complete with a breezy lawn for outdoor dining and  an African inspired suspension bridge!) and a quaint European tavern replete with heirlooms from the Fil-Austrian proprietors' family and charming paintings by Juliana, their 9 year old daughter.
The menu is a mélange of tasty Austrian family recipes and innovative Asian-inspired twists on classic European dishes. Not to be missed are the French onion soups, "cheesy" pizza, and the fresh salads; worth savoring are the locally brewed liqueurs and home made ice creams as well.
Most notable, and this is always the winning recipe in my book, is the hands-on service of Lope (one of only 2 very capable wait staff) and of Johanness (the proprietor himself).
Dining at CH is always a familial experience to me -- it's almost like going home to the Austrian family I never had!
Gutten appetit!

2  Thank RVAzanza
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Going to this place in Tagaytay was a wonderful surprise, our plan B in fact, but turned out the best plan B ever!

It was the holiday (halloween) weekend, the highway was packed with cars probably looking for lunch places in Tagaytay. Since this was close to our hotel (OTP), we decided to look for the turn. It was at first difficult locating that turn, they probably need to put up more signs along the highway. Anyway, when we finally got there, we were not disappointed. It was your typical Tagaytay garden restaurant. How I wish there will be more such garden venues like this in Tagaytay because after all you go there to enjoy nature. There was a covered restaurant, like a big patio probably good for 50 people, covered with net and plants. It was airy even though it was the middle of the afternoon. There were also some garden tables outside.

We opted for a garden table, it was on a rather secluded spot (surrounded by plants) but not much mosquitoes and insects. We had coffee and dessert and it was a very relaxing experience. The garden settng, the cool breeze, the yummy desserts and free flowing coffee (just one refill was included but they were generous enough to allow us to keep refilling!). We also had white wine, my first time to have wine on an afternoon and it was perfect.

3  Thank Purpletoe