All reviews mini ref microwave towels south forbes laguna tagaytay
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

We tried this since it was very near the event location where we would attend a Christmas party. The hotel is like a plain lodging house. No WiFi in the rooms, thin doors and walls you could hear even soft conversations outside. There was a small open area outside the room but had no tables or chairs. Try other hotels instead!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacy C
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

So far the hotel has never failed us. Our last visit was January and came back for our Halloween holiday. Experience hasn't changed. Clean rooms and staffs are still friendly. We love the rooms since it has thermos for coffee, ref for our water and microwave. Though quite a long drive to Paseo and Nuvali but it was nice to be at least quiet and away from city life. We are charged for 100php for parking but it already covers the whole stay. No worries since the vehicle is safe and convenient as well. T'was a home away from home. We will definitely go back next year either holy week or for another holiday get-away and planning to stay longer.

If you're planning to go on roadtrips here in the South, I recommend the place. Not too far from the city yet Tagaytay is less than an hour drive.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 6 Stub App Smartphone
Reviewed September 11, 2017

A friend won a voucher for Destination Hotel in South Forbes and it was just in time for her birthday so we decided to stay there last weekend.The room we got is good for two which has 2 bed as well. Their rooms are clean, especially the restroom which is what's really important to me, beds are really comfortable, they make sure they have fresh linens and towels each time someone check in. They have basic cable channels, however the wifi is only available in the lobby. Pool though looks decent enough for a quick swim. They serve food as well and there's cafe and resto just outside the hotel but make sure that you bring food in your room since there's no nearby resto or fastfood in the area esp when you don't have a car. Their location is inside an exclusive subd in Sta Rosa, commute is no problem only when it's late at night. Going there on commute you can take a tricycle ride from Paseo de Sta Rosa for Php 60 - 65.
If you want a nearby relaxation, away from the city, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2017

No wifi in rooms so if you have to work and needed connection, forget about it

Called the hotel PRIOR to booking to ask if I can switch to queen/king/double bed instead of the indicated 2 single beds. They said yes so I proceeded. Reminded the receptionist of the request, she said yes. Arrived at the room with 2 single beds. Called the reception no one was answering so had to go down again to ask again. They transferred us to the next room but not after much hassle and prior notice and repeated requests

Asked the reception to deliver breakfast at 8:30. At exactly 8:30PM (yes, PM, nighttime, post meridiem) room service knocked with our breakfast

Delivered breakfast the next day. I ordered some beef persian meal. Very pretty in the pictures but came in 4 teeny bit pieces that all fit in the spoon (I have pictures) and were hard as rocks. Good thing we brought extra food.

Lots and lots of cockroaches (small ones if that's a redeeming factor) but the hotel is new, right?

Room smells funky. Imagine broken sewage.

No toothbrush and toothpaste. I always bring my own toiletries mind you but for the price of this hotel, one would expect them to provide the basic toiletries. What if I haven't brought my own? They will charge you an additional 35 pesos.

Checkout - they said we're good to checkout but asked for 100 pesos for the basement parking. NOPE. No one informed us there was a fee. The guard only told us to park in the basement when we return. I wasn't planning to have a b!tch fit and decided to let it all pass... until they asked for 100. WITHOUT RETURNING OUR 1000 deposit.

So if I had not reminded them to return the deposit would they have had the initiative to return it? I DOUBT. I'm pretty sure people booking this hotel come from very far places and would not bother returning for the 1000.

I asked for an official receipt they said they can't as I booked online. Huh? I don't think that's how it works ma'am. I had no time nor energy to lecture on income taxation so I just decided to read out the BIR certificate. They finally gave one after I read out the BIR note re 2-4 years imprisonment for non-issuance of OR.

I am sorry. I have nothing against the service staff but my goodness your hotel is BAD. I have been around a lot of places and hotels and not one to be dramatic about stuff but you have a lot of improvements to make.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel. Opt for BETTER hotels nearby
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frequenttraveller715
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Destination Hotel first time last year to have a reconnaissance in Nuvali in preparation for my 2017 marathon. Price, service and food are okay.

The second time I went here was in February 2017 when I had my marathon. Everything seems the same, still ok. No complaints.

Until my last visit on June 10 to 11.

Parking - they placed concrete post to block the outside parking, so you will be constrained to park at the basement...so they could charge you P100.00. Outside parking is free.

I brought my bike with me and have to clean and take it to my room. They no longer allow bikes to pass by the lobby area. They asked me to pass by the basement elevator up to my room on the third floor.

No staff assisted me in bringing in and taking out my bags when I checked out.

Things have changed, probably, in Destination South Forbes. Will never go back to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo