The setting is really beautiful. Gorgeous views over the pool to the mountains. We had a villa that was quite big and interesting..with an outdoor shower - remember to shower before dark :), and again amazing view. The terrace was nice, with wooden chairs that were not too comfy. Wish they invested in some pillows so you could actually sit there and enjoy.
There were a lot of small lizards waiting for us when we checked in the room.
It looks like an interesting place to spend around three days.
Food was too spicy for our taste, the spiciest we had in Laos. Food and massage were quite expensive.
I got sick while the next morning after we came - I do not believe it was from anything we had there, but can't be sure.
We booked only one night with booking.com and we received some uncomfortable comments from the staff. We asked for a double room with the booking, but got twin - with a comment that we only booked for one night...They did not provide much info on the possibilities of trekking around, as we are staying only for one night so we do not have enough time anyway etc. If it is a problem that people would like to stay just for one night - they should not make it possible to book for one night. I also sent them an inquiry with the booking if they can arrange us a transportation to the resort, and never got an answer for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Luang Prabang at 12 km form the center, it's the perfect place to enjoy the breathtaking on the Namkhan River and mountains. You will be able to enjoy the NamKhan River with a serene boat ride, kayak or Trek around the Resort and Tad Sae Waterfall or doing yoga and meditation. We just finish to built a new steam room next to our swimming pool. The beautiful onsite restaurant offer excellent choice of menus, using ingredients from organic produces like herbs and vegetables. Unwind at the Ecological chlorine-free pool after a tiring day. Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort is a perfect sanctuary for leisure travelers who seek for sophistication within a serene environment. Please note the new road to Luang Prabang it's almost completed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zen Namkhan Boutique Hotel Ban Xieng Lom
- Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort Laos/Luang Prabang