“Run the other way!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Uncasville, Connecticut
“Run the other way!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

It is hit or miss with this place mostly miss I recently had a bbq pulled pork sandwich that should never had been made the pork was all dried out and tasted horrible. I have had their pizzas and pass on that too way better pizzas else where!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Avon, CT
“Great Greek Style Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Not sure if Larry the Lizard actually ate at Oakdale Pizza...I've never seen a greasy pizza there.

Let me put my position in perspective. I am a Neopolitan pie kinda guy. I came to Oakdale from NY as a kid and I held pizza to a pretty high standard based on some of the places I ate at there. So, this Greek pan style pizza was a joke to me....but, eventually I came to appreciate it for what it is...a different, but equally enjoyable take on pizza. Oakdale Pizza's rendition continues to be the standard by which I rate all other Greek pan style pizzas. Crust was always perfect, good quality meats (perfectly crisped pepperoni) and I loved the shaved meatball pizza. I moved out of the area almost 15 years ago and I still would stop in for a pie to go whenever I visited my family down there...nothing in my new area compares.

When the restaurant burned down a couple years ago, I was really sad. The family that runs the place has been there forever and it was a bad way to go out for the second generation that runs it now. To my delight, they opened up in a new location a mile or so away and it looks great, has a more varied menu and a bar. I think their Father, who opened the place, would be proud. I was even more pleased when the pizza was just as good as I remembered.

• Visited May 2012
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I like this place because the pizza tastes good. I would like to recommend this place.

Lowell, Massachusetts
“The Best Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

I used to live in Oakdale, CT. I absolutely love Oakdale Pizza. I've never found a pizza place with the same quality food. Their Buffalo Chicken Pizza and Taco Pizza are wonderful. I now live in Lowell, MA, but I've never found a Pizza place quite like Oakdale Pizza. It is absolutely great.

Guardalavaca, Cuba
“Bad food thats really overrpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

They're extremely busy, especially for a place that sells super greasy pizza thats waaaaay overpriced.

• 1 of 5 bubbles