“Eager to please”

Comfort Suites- Norwich
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Got a adjoining room for couple weeks on business and took the family with. Hotel is very tolerant with our 3 kids (3,6,and 13) which is priceless. Hotel going through management change and new owner working on getting things fixed up so some things weren't perfect but the hotel staff was willing to do whatever they could to keep us happy. I travel for work and spend half my life in hotels and i usually stay in more expensive hotels and the trade off for some things not being perfect compared to the workability of the staff, the price of the rooms worked to our favor 500% over. I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in town!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am a fan of choice hotels – especially the way the award points add up. I try to stay at a choice hotel whenever I need a room that is not in a large urban area. However, and unfortunately, I couldn’t recommend this hotel for any reason. In the service area, I only can really comment about the last-minute cancelation process – which worked without penalty. For the hotel itself, we had a large group that all cancelled due to the shape of the property due to renovations. The floor we witnessed were a bit of a mess. Also, there was no internet access which was crucial to our groups needs. This 1-star rating is probably harsh but the current hotel condition made the hotel a non-choice through abandonment for 6 separate travelers. I am sure this is temporary and the hotel will raise its standards in the near future. You might want to call before taking a chance…

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mojo451
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recently took a trip to Mohegan Sun w/ my girlfriend to see Kevin James Perform. She is a HUGE fan of his so i wanted to surprise her with a night away. I was able to get a discount at Comfort Suites so I took advantage of the perk.

When we arrived at the hotel, I realized i hadn't printed out the tickets for the show. I approached the front desk and they directed me to their convenient business center to print the tickets. The issue was that in order to print the tickets i had to download them to the computer. The system was not set up to download documents, which is completely understandable because you never know what weird things people want to download. Once i discovered the problem, i went back to the front desk and Brian, the supervisor on duty, was kind enough to allow me use the systems that are only available to the staff due to the provisioning needed for the document download.

I was very impressed with the value of the room, the easy-to-find location of the hotel, and most importantly, the incredible hospitality of the staff. From the front desk, to the shuttle driver, everyone their made the experience as stress free as possible.

Thank you for the excellent experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brennan P
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Don't believe the commercial! Continental breakfast left a lot to be desired; eggs, sausage, waffle, bagels, apples. Coffe was ok, but the orange juice was aweful! Would have like to have some potatoes with the eggs and everybody doesn't like sausage. There were no face clothes in the room and the water pressure for the sink was non-exsistent. The plus is that it was clean! I would prefer to stay someplace else the time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Came in Early and was greeted by Bill at the desk. Was a little after 1 so with check in at 3 - Bill was able to get me in early. I walked into my room-- A beautiful Suite with Jacuzzi in room, a separate bedroom with 2 tv's one in bedroom and one in living room area with couch. Also it has a separate dining table with chairs. It was clean and comfortable with te added bonus of a refrigerator and microwave so nice to have to keep beverages and snacks. We slept so well in the comfortable beds. Breakfast was great too... Hot Fresh Make your own waffles, also eggs, sausage, cereals, yogurts, muffins and more. What a delicious start to my day! Will stay here again in the future!!! Sad we had to go so soon as we were only in town for a day to go to Foxwoods a short 15-20 min ride and Mohegan even closer about 5-10 min drive. Thank you Bill and Staff for a wonderful stay. -Katherine from Danbury, CT :)

Room Tip: Suites are roomy and nice and odd number rooms face away from highway :) Slept like a baby!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katherine V
Reviewed May 21, 2013

2 stays, reasonablely priced, found clean comfortable rooms with good bedding.
definitely in need of minor maintenance. Was told just taken over by new management co. and working hard to make these minor flaws (loose knobs,ill fitting cabinets, missing mouldings,etc.)
Will definitely stay in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lee e
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here with two other couples as part of a birthday celebration. The entire stay was a disappointment. I understand that the hotel is under new management, and I certainly appreciate the fact that they are doing renovations. However, it would be nice to have had a heads up. The placed reeked from the renovations, and there was plaster throughout the halls, even though the renovations were only taking place in the basement level. The hotel website states that there is a newly remodeled hot tub and pool. Seems like someone got a little ahead of themselves by posting that.

The hotel is close to the casino. The shuttle is a run down van. Yes, it will get you there, but you do need to sign up ahead of time. There is breakfast. It will fill you up, but it's not good. The bar is a joke. They were out of everything; we had to go through a list of drinks before we found something that the bartender had all of the ingredients to make it.

The room was in bad condition. The wall paper was peeling, ceiling paint in the bathroom was flaking off and spotted with mildew. The counter in the bathroom was tilted. There is a refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioner is one of the units under the window that constantly kick on and off. The walls are very thin. I could clearly hear people in the halls, in the room next door, and outside.

I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JenfromMaine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hampton Inn Norwich
Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville

Been to Comfort Suites- Norwich? Share your experiences!