“No sheets? And other issues”

Comfort Suites- Norwich
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

-yes, the have a shuttle but you have to sign up to use it. When we arrived there were no time slots available and we had to call a cab
-we booked a room for 3 adults. When we asked for sheets for the sofa bed, we were told they were out of sheets. I am puzzled how a business that provides people with a place to sleep, can run out of sheets
- there are no curtains on the window. We were up at dawn, not by choice
- the breakfast was terrible. Cold sausage, cold eggs, coffee from a machine

The staff was less than friendly, not rude, but really uninterested in providing a good experience. There are other hotels that are closer to Mohegan with much better service.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tinkerbelldee

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We picked this hotel due to its price and the offering of a breakfast and a shuttle to the casino. We were a little worried about staying here due to the other not so favorable reviews, but we were very suprised once we stayed. I spoke with the new manager Bill about an issue the day before our check in and he assured me that everything would be taken care of. Needless to say, upon arrival things were promised exactly like he said. There is something to be said for a person who keeps their word! The hotel itself was fine. The room was comfortable, we slept fine. We didn't hear any of the hallway noise people were complaining of and we were fairly close to the elevators. The breakfast was good, and there was a large variety of muffins, yogurts,breads along with hot eggs and sausage. The staff working the breakfast was also really friendly and helpfull.
It seems the hotel is in the midst of turning its image around. You should really give it a chance. We are glad we stayed there, it really is a great bargain compared to spending $$$ on a room at the casino.We will def be staying there next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LaurenK921
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I did not even get a chance! to stay at this hotel before I was turned off by the rudest representative named SABRINA. I called at 6:30 the day before my stay to cancel my reservation and was rudely told by SABRINA that I can not cancel your reservation because it was after 3pm. She explained that unfortunately I would not be able to cancel the reservation. I became very upset and did not understand why her tone was so rude and she cut me off and directed me to her manager's voicemail I called back and she was as rude as the first call. SABRINA then stated that she could not cancel the reservation but her manager could. SABRINA could have told me that in the beginning of the call and the whole incident could have been avoided. Needless to say I will NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AND WILL TELL ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN NOT TO EITHER.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed over 2 days on company business this past week. The girl at the counter was a little cold when I arrived to check in. That experience set the tone for my stay. While the hotel is not terrible, it has a comfortable atmosphere the staff is cranky and accident prone.

One thing that I will not forgive is the constant attempts to charge my credit card for a room that was already paid for when the reservation was made. Generally an annoyance of occurrences sum up my stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We checked into the hotel before heading to Mohegan and did not drop our bags off before leaving. Upon our return at 1am, we went upstairs for the first time and found our keys did not work. After waiting for approximately 7 minutes for someone to show up at the lobby desk, we were handed our "fixed" room keys. Needless to say when we walked into SOMEONE ELSE'S ROOM we were quite horrified. Added to that the fact that the desk clerk blamed us for giving her wrong information when it was the room she assigned to us and you have a complete mess of a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel when going to an event at Mohegan Sun Casino. This hotel is located 2 exits away from the casino (about 5 minutes away). The hotel offers a complementary shuttle to and from the casino. The shuttle leaves every hour. Reservations to take the shuttle is a must. It runs from 4 pm to 2 am on Fridays. You should call the hotel to find out definite times as their schedule changes.

Our bedroom had a king size bed and had a pull out couch. It was very clean. The entire hotel is going through remodeling. The bed was very comfortable.

The pool was closed due to unforeseen circumstances. They have a nice size pool and jacuzzi.

They include a hot breakfast which I though was outstanding! Eggs, sausages, 3 kinds of cereal, bagels, muffins, orange and apple juice, 4 different kinds of yogurts, milk, fresh fruit, and make your own waffles. Coffee is provided 24 hours a day and free of charge. There is a bar/grill in the hotel.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting Mohegan Sun. For the price you would spend staying one night at the Casino you could stay at Comfort Suites, eat and even have plenty of money left to play!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013. We booked Whilrpool Suite. We drove 7 hours to see A Concert that we were waiting for for a long time..Plan was to refresh at the hotel, change clothes and go see the Concert..We had to wait 5 hours to check in...Front desk told us Room were not ready..We missed the most of the Concert :(. We were tired from 7 hours commute. at 2:30 fire alarm went off. we had to go out in below zero temprature ..Other guests told us it happened two days in a row..it was a electrical mal function which they could have fixed..Better yet? at 6:00 in the morning Fire alarm went off again. we had to go out in below zero temperature. staff was very rude.we booked at WWW.hotels.com We called them ..no help from them ..10% discount was offered to compensate.i told them to shove it. i am filing a lawsuit for ruining a family vacation that involved weeks and weeks of planning and wait. Never again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank b m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hampton Inn Norwich
#5 of 6 in Norwich
Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to Comfort Suites- Norwich? Share your experiences!