“Great Hotel - Clean and Comfortable”
Review of Courtyard Norwich

Courtyard Norwich
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Mineola, New York
“Great Hotel - Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Great hotel with friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms at a good rate.

This was our first visit to this particular area and we have used trip advisor to look at reviews for hotels for quite a while. Never being quite sure whether hotel employees posted these types of reviews for and against each other I was always a bit skeptical. I must say though that overall this hotel received good reviews and we were not dissapointed. The only issue we had was that the room heater was a bit noisy but overall a very nice hotel.

I plan on taking the time to help keep others in the loop in the future. Thanks to Trip Advisor for helping steer us in the right direction.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Stony Brook, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2011

From the moment my wife and I walked in, the service was excellent. We had a reservation, and they had my room keys in my hand within about 60 seconds.

The room was on Level 2, and not far from the stairs and elevator. I didn't use the ice machine, so I can't say much about that. But I did see the machine.

The Bistro is a very small cafe that serves fresh food, drinks, and Starbucks coffee. At night we had the salad and the Apple Cobbler, which were both very good (and hand made).

The room was on 68 and confortable. I did think the heat fan coming on every 5-10 minutes was a bit annoying, especially if you are light sleeper. In the morning we put the AC on as it was very hot. Same thing. The fan kept coming on. It could not get the temperature exact.

Ended up at The Bistro for breakfast as well. The oatmeal was very good, and I had the French Toast with fruit. Awesome! Overall, very good place to stay. I will stay again, no question.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I stay at this hotel 1 - 2 times per month while traveling for work. I'm always greeted by a friendly staff and treated well throughout my stay. The hotel lobby has a small restaurant where I can grab a light dinner and a beer. They also serve breakfast and Starbucks coffee in the AM. Marriott's Courtyard hotels do a good job of catering to the business traveler.

The rooms are adequate, a little dusty at times but there's nothing that will prevent me from staying here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott as an alternative to staying at the WAY overpriced casino hotel. The Courtyard was a pleasant surprise. Conveniently located to the casino right off the highway. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. For the money, the Courtyard is a great deal!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We decided last minute to take a 0ne night get away to Mohegan Sun Casino. I was able to get a nice rate for Friday night. The hotel has been updated and was very nice.Lobby lounge, and bistro areas all new and in great condition.Our room was very nice. Updated bedding and HD TV. When I woke up in the mourning. I thought that it was a cloudy day, but the blackout curtins had done a Great job with the mourning sun.
Overall a Nice stay, and will return for sure! Thank You Marriott Norwich!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jkesn228
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2010

check the mattress before going to bed. i stayed here a few moths ago and was concerned b/c i felt very itchy throughout the night...but could not find any evidence. this time i found it. thank goodness, before i climbed in the bed. management didn't seem surprised.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jatraveler1
tmfle678, Manager at Courtyard Norwich, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Our housekeeping department consists of a certified, knowledgeable staff. Associates in the department have been thoroughly trained to identify bed bugs, signs of bed bugs, and proper procedures of dealing with and eliminating bed bugs. While we do maintain a contract with a commercial pest & bug preventative service, our team routinely and cautiously inspects all of our public space, guest room beds, carpets, and furniture. Fortunately, we have never had a bed bug infestation at our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I was very impressed with this Hotel. It was very clean, easy to get around, staff was very friendly. Had a b-day party for my sister and Alan from engineering assisted me in setting up the room and carrying items for the party to room. He was not only very helpful, but he and others were very pleasant to deal with. I would have to say that Alan is an asset to your organization.
I would definetely stay there again ( in only stayed one night) in the future. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Comfort Suites- Norwich
#4 of 6 in Norwich
Hampton Inn Norwich
Hampton Inn Norwich
#1 of 6 in Norwich

Been to Courtyard Norwich? Share your experiences!