All reviews courtyard marriott mohegan sun road noise starbucks coffee bistro cafe a great stay the lower level modern decor one night stay front desk staff bed was comfortable free shuttle shuttle service comfortable stay nice indoor pool flat screen tv minute drive
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Only stayed overnight as we were passing through enroute to Newport, but this was the best option of the major hotel brands in the area. Evidently it was remodeled within the last year and we noted great space and amenities in the room, friendly staff and I must say great breakfast options (including Starbucks) in the lobby. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank TBell_Travel
Reviewed August 8, 2018

It was nice to find a Courtyard in the middle of nowhere (Norwich, CT). Seriously, I don't know if Norwich, CT is a suburb of Worcester, MA, Providence, RI, or Hartford, CT. Fortunately, if your travels bring you to nowhere, you'll find a very consistent Marriott hotel there.

The hotel staff are very friendly, the inside of the hotel is immaculate and well maintained, the hotel appears to have been renovated in the past 18 months to a modern, chic design, and our hotel room was very comfortable.

There's a Courtyard-hybrid restaurant (and bar) on site. You might find better food/value in the restaurant, than the convenience store in the lobby, as my sugar fix cost me $2.75 for a small size bag of M & M's. $2.75!

There is a steakhouse beside the hotel, and a number of restaurants in the area.

The only shortcoming was road noise. We were on the back side of the hotel, overlooking the Route 395 Exit Ramp (which is a busy thoroughfare for eighteen-wheelers that exit, en masse, for fuel, at the bottom of the Exit Ramp). The road noise was noticeable, but bearable.

I have no idea who the manager of this hotel is, but I get the distinct impression that he/she does an exceptional job managing his/her staff, and making certain that the hotel is well maintained, and clean.

Marriott consistency (no surprises!).

Room Tip: AVOID rooms on the back side/highway side of the hotel, as the noise is measurable.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank RecognizeExcellence
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Recently stayed here on a Saturday night to see a show at the casino. The proximity to the casino is a huge plus, only about 12 minutes. The included shuttle ride is a great feature. The bus itself is nice and the driver was great. Every employee we interacted with said hi and was very nice. The rooms and common areas have recently been renovated and are very modern and new. I appreciated the standard later check out of noon.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Courtyard Norwich as we attended a concert at Mohegan Sun. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the rooms and the staff was more than accommodating. The hotel looked like it underwent recent renovations so it was as if we were staying in a brand new location!

We signed up for the shuttle to get to Mohegan, the driver was very pleasant and it was a great service at no added cost to us.

We'll definitely be back to this location again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Terrific stay. Everything at check-in went smoothly. The room was fantastic, everything was clean and smelled great. Very quiet room! The room had a fridge, large bathroom (shower only) comfortable bed and updated electronics such as a flat screen TV, multiple electrical and USB outlets and a pull out sofa. Can't forget the microwave either. The pool was fantastic. It was heated almost like a bath tub. Unfortunately the hot tub was broken so we didn't get a chance to try that. There is a shuttle that takes you to Mohegan Sun (10 minute drive) so worth it. Everything was great! Thank you to the wonderful staff. Whenever I visit Mohegan sun, I will surely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple