“Great Place to Stay”
Review of Courtyard Norwich

Courtyard Norwich
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I stayed here for a trip to the Mohegan Sun casino over the summer. I had a great time. The rooms were wonderful and clean. The staff was very helpful since we came in from out of town and didn't know the area very well. We had a blast at Mohgan Sun all weekend - the hotel is only a few minutes away and they were very accomidating to our group by offering a shuttle service to and from the casino. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelingtraveler85

Reviewed June 24, 2009

I stayed at the Rosemont for my first time last week... needless to say it is now a personal favorite of mine...
shuttle to the casino, clean rooms, and an accommodating staff...
and i won at the casino :o)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel just last weekend for a girls weekend. All in all it ended up being a good weekends. The staff was very nice when we checked in, asking if we need to sign up for the ride to the casino. The hotel is clean and for the most part very nice, all though for the price we paid for our king whirlpool rooms was not worth it. I had to change rooms twice, The first time was because the tv in my room did not work, I was then moved to another room (also a king whirlpool room) also a very clean room, but this time the whirlpool did not have any hot water (i mean like zero). So again they moved me, the 3rd times a charm, I was moved to a nice room with a working tv working whirlpool and I nice size balcony. All in all I was pleased with this hotel, but I think I would have been a little more happy if we would have just sucked it up and stayed at the casino. This is a smoke free hotel which was just fine for me as a smoker there are 3 or 5 outside area's for smokers and you may smoke on your balcony.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TripGirl44
Reviewed March 10, 2009

I stayed at the Marriott in Norwich the last weekend of Feb 09. I remember during the night brushing something off my leg, but didn't give it a second thought. Now I am on two types of medication because I have a huge disgusting looking bite on my leg. Whatever this bed bug was has left a major impression on my leg. My doctor said it is not a tick bite although there is a bright red circle around it and it is almost like a hole in my leg where it bit me. My doctor is concerned about it and I have to go back to see him in 4 days. It is truly disgusting looking - kind of like it is eating my skin. I certainly hope I didn't bring any home in my luggage.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2009

i expected more from a marriott residence inn. this one has thin towels, and cheap toilet paper. two of the mornings i was awakened to truck drivers leaving their rigs, with engines on, for over an hour, while they ate breakfast. and speaking of trucks, the hotel is near a highway, so be prepared to listen to constant noise. in addition the rooms are very small, and breakfast is not included.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2008

This is the fourth or fifth time I've stayed at this hotel and I have been entirely pleased with each stay.

Working as an operational excellence engineer, it is not often that I hang out the Service Excellence flag, but this hotel and staff definitely deserve my compliments.

Each stay, I've payed apx. $150 a night, and EACH time they've extended the courtesy of an upgrade to a King bed suite with Jacuzzi for free.

The shuttles to the casino are timely and friendly.

The breakfast is amazing, and affordable. I'd pay $30, I think it costs $12.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 6sdesign
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I stayed at the Courtyard as Mohegan was charging more than double for the night. Check-in was easy and everyone at the front desk was nice. She gave me the shuttle times in a wallet sized paper to take with me and told me I should make reservations. Later, I asked her where we got the vouchers I had read about and she said, "You get them when you get to the casino."

We ended up driving to Mohegan b/c we were catching a late show and didn't know what time we'd be back. When I got to Mohegan and asked for the vouchers, they said they don't give them out. I called the front desk and repeated what she had told me, that I got the vouchers at Mohegan. She then told me I had to take the shuttle to get the vouchers, which is the part she left out. I guess it was a miscommunication!?!

I had a room with two double beds and it was spacious. The beds were comfortable and there was more than enough room. The bathroom was a nice size too. The toilet and tub/shower were seperate and the sink/vanity was outside. This works well if someone is trying to get ready while someone else is showering. Everything was clean & there were no complaints. I passed by the indoor pool, which was small but an okay size. The gym was tiny.

I didn't give the hotel an "excellent" b/c I'm not sure why the girl didn't tell me I had to take the shuttle bus. Also, it was nice and clean but not top of the line. For the price, cleanliness and proximity to the casino I would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank DMM104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Comfort Suites- Norwich
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to Courtyard Norwich? Share your experiences!