“Adam Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Watertown, New York
“Adam Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

A great hotel to stay at. Wonderful room and a great friendly staff. Norm the shuttle driver was awesome! He even sang for us! If your looking for a nice hotel in a great location you should stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adam K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here just one night with my mother. We were looking for a place to crash that was close to our travel destination (nearby beaches) that wouldn't cost us the price of a hotel by the beach in August! Hotel was clean and everything it promises to be. The pool was a real treat. How many places have you gone that claim "heated pool" only to get there and it's so cold you don't go past dunking your feet? Well not here the pool was wonderfully warm and the hot tub was cleaned to perfection and just the right temperature. Staff was very friendly. The lobby area is very modern and again clean! The cafe wasn't too bad either. Got a fruit cup and coffee for about $5.50. Not the best price but certainly not airport high prices! Overall nice place and I'd book again in the near future!

• Stayed August 2014
Lakeville, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

1st night we were given a room in poor shape the curtains were tattered and torn as was the bed cover ,the ac didn't work properly .We had to go back to the desk both nights the card keys didn't work correctly.the room smelled of smoke! All of which were raised with the desk she apologized but offered no solutions.I was disappointing that my request for a king room but had none of these issues occurred I would have given a positive response.The second night we were given a king but they had not reserved it so she had to find one the previous night we were told the get us a king but when we arrived at 10 pm returning from a great day on block Island the day became a little less fun upon our arrival at Norwich courtyard. We have stayed here many times in the past and if you review past surveys always rated it very well as it stands we will not return to this location frankly it did not even come close to the standards I'M use to at Marriott!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is the second Marriott courtyard we have stayed at this trip. Once again very good. Staff very friendly, rooms comfortable and clean. Not noisy at all. Swimming pool and fitness centre good. bistro food and snack bar have all you need to keep you going. Good local information.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Given the low rate we had for our room, we had low expectations. But this hotel did well in exceeding most of them. The highlights were the very quiet rooms (the AC probably muted the noise), the comfortable beds, and the great coffee area downstairs (starbuck brews).

The downside was the excessive use of room deodorizer in the room and elevator. In fact, when we asked the maid to forego the use of deodorizer in our room (because of husbands asthma), she took it one step further and left our door open to aerate the room. Unfortunately, our door stayed open for several hours before we noticed it, upon our return. Luckily nothing was taken (we had phones and tablets in plain view).

The location is really close to the Mohegan Sun, but a bit far from everything else (beach, Mystic, etc) so if you stay here, you probably will do a fair bit of driving. And as for driving, neither our GPS (Tom Tom) nor Google recognized the proper exit for the hotel (exit 82). Instead they make you continue to the next exit and loop back.

The staff at the front desk and coffee shop are very friendly and happy to help.
All in all it was a good stay. Just don't ask the maids to do anything different. And if you have asthma, then best to stay away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bunnyloper
alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed there one night on our way from Cape Cod to NYC. We felt that the beds did not meet the Courtyard expectation. Both queen beds in the room were very uncomfortable. The rest of the room was fine but nothing special. We could also hear a humming noise all night that sounded like an electrical transformer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Courtyard Norwich, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as sharing your feedback. I am truly sorry to read that our beds didn't meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate this feedback and will look into the items you noted in this review. Comments and feedback from TripAdvisor members help us to evaluate how to best enhance our property and make improvements. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope we will see you again in Norwich.

Alan Miller
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Norwich for three nights. I needed a few days away from the hustle and noise of New York City. Norwich provided the environment I needed.

Pros:
• Hotel staff was friendly, hotel lobby was clean.
• Standard room - contained 2 queen beds.
• On the lower level contained a Jacuzzi and Indoor swimming pool, maximum depth 5 feet.
• Across the street from the parking lot - gas station and just a minute away from Friendly’s Restaurant down the street.
• Used a coupon from hotel coupons formerly called room saver - $79 a night.
• Breakfast not included but available on site at a small cost.
• 5 minutes from a small shopping area (supermarket, Dress Barn etc)
• 10 Minutes from the Mohegan Sun
• 30 Minutes from Fox Woods
• 30 Minutes from Essex Steam Train and Dinner Train (I 95 S)
• 30-40 minutes away from Mystic village and aquarium. (I 95 N)
• 40 minutes from Tanger outlets and Clinton crossing. (I 95 S)

Cons:
• I only had one complaint – Housekeeping. When I walked into the bathroom there was a ball of hair on the back wall of the shower. I spent three nights and when I checked out the ball of hair was still there. I did not bring it to the attention of house keeping since I wanted to see whether it would ever be cleaned. Alas it was not. There was dust on the top of the toilet tank for all three nights. (I would have given four stars if not for housekeeping) When I checked out I told the receptionist about the ball of hair. Otherwise the beds were made daily and there were fresh towels provided daily.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lady-J M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Comfort Suites- Norwich
Holiday Inn Norwich
Holiday Inn Norwich
#3 of 6 in Norwich
Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville

Been to Courtyard Norwich? Share your experiences!